Location and Job Title:
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Reports to the Executive Chef. Cook assists in a wide range of food preparation and presentation. Participates in all aspects of food preparation for various JCC activities; maintains Kashruth standards, and keeps an orderly, clean kitchen.
- Knowledge and Education -
Minimum Required or Preferred: GED / High School Diploma required; Culinary
Art Certificate preferred
- Experience - Minimum Required
or Preferred: Preferred commercial kitchen experience.
- Special Skills: Preferred knowledge of Kosher
standards; outstanding customer service skills; ability to work days, evenings
and weekends, depending on needs of JCC; ability to accept, respect and follow
direction of Executive Chef and Mashgiah; able to stand for long periods of time;
able to lift 30 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food orders as directed by Executive Chef.
- Place minimal orders as directed by Executive Chef.
- Assist Executive Chef in food preparation and inventory of kitchen satellites:
- Learn and maintain Kashruth standards; guide others working in the kitchen ensuring all food is prepared under strict kosher regulations.
- Working closely with Mashgiach and Executive Chef ensures all food is fresh and prepared professionally.
- Responsible for food preparation and packing for delivery of, but not limited to, preschool lunch, senior lunch, Columbus Jewish Day School lunch, camp lunch, camp, preschool and JClub snacks, JCC events and rentals.
- Prepare food to be delivered with appropriate utensils to rooms within the J and, if required, off-site preschools and events.
- Serve between 3:30 - 3:45 pm, Monday - Friday during school year.
- Area cleared and cleaned in timely manner at conclusion of snack time.
- Responsible for overall sanitation and upkeep of the kitchen.
- Label & date all food items when putting away; keep refrigerators neat & orderly.
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining cleanliness of dishes, cooking utensils, kitchen and storage areas at a level required and/or exceeding that which is required for health department and safety standards.
- General upkeep of all work areas, including neat and orderly storage of equipment and supplies.
$35,000 - $45,000
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.