Location and Job Title:
Assistant Community School Director, Queens Academy High School - High School and College Success
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
STATEMENT OF THE AGENCY:
Commonpoint Queens (formerly the Samuel Field Y and the Central Queens Y) is a non-profit, multi service
agency with flagship sites in Little Neck, Bayside, Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community
that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000 mission is to sustain and enhance the
quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural
background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a
pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds
community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services
that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelors' Degree Required. Master's degree preferred in Education, Social Work, Mental Health
Counseling, Non-Profit Management, Public Administration or other related fields.
- At least two (2) years working with adolescents in an urban environment providing services that reduce
barriers, facilitate educational success and social emotional well-being in school-based programs.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, public speaking, writing, organization,
problem-solving, and management skills. Successful candidates will possess the ability to work
collaboratively, demonstrate professional presence, and establish and maintain effective working
relationships with diverse staff and clientele.
- Ability to effectively balance and manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite; use of internet required in online
reporting systems for data entry.
- Ability to administer outcomes-based youth programming, including planning, staffing, budgeting and
maintaining accurate client and programmatic records.
- Support the Community School Director in fostering professionals to success, focused on the provision
of high quality services to the students at Queens Academy High School and expected to meet
- Work hand-in-hand Community School Director, CBO staff, Superintendent's Office, Office of
Community Schools, and school leadership team to increase school enrollment and daily attendance,
improve school culture, and eliminate barriers to success for the student population.
- Assist with data collection and research, and prepare relevant data on a bi-weekly basis. Interpret
data to inform the decision-making process.
- Connect students to a range of prevention, early intervention and intensive service programs that
address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development of each student.
- Develop new partnerships with organizations and programs to work with the school.
- Assist in supporting Queens Academy High School with student recruitment and enrollment.
- Establish and support the facilitation of case conferencing dedicated to identifying students exhibiting
one or more barriers, identifying appropriate interventions, and revisiting these students at subsequent
- Collaborate with Community School Director to co-plan, and lead semi-monthly collaborative meetings
to ensure ongoing communication and coordination of efforts or other site-based partnerships.
- Participate in ongoing personal professional growth activities and relevant agency required meetings.
- Attend all required Community School convenings.
- Serve as a thought partner to the school leadership team (attend all cabinet and SLT meetings).
- Strategize new initiatives and ideas that will provide new learning and enrichment opportunities to
students and families.
- Work with the parent coordinator to ensure that families have meaningful opportunities to participate in
General Tasks of All Commonpoint Queens Staff
- Promote and implement the core values of the agency.
- Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
- Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
- Active involvement, as a supervisee, in the supervision process.
- Support the mission of Commonpoint Queens.
- Other tasks appropriate to Commonpoint Queens staff, as assigned.
Schedule: Full Time
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available
upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, as a Word or PDF document only, to Danielle Glick at
email@example.com. Please indicate "Assistant Community School Director" in the subject
line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.