Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine
1342 Congress St
Portland, ME 04102
The Facilities Director manages the JCA building at 1342 Congress Street and oversees maintenance at Center Day Camp in Windham. This position is intrinsic to the day-to-day operations of our organization. We are seeking someone who is energetic, experienced, and organized, who takes initiative and works efficiently within many priority areas throughout the day. The individual will be flexible, good-humored, skilled, and willing to pitch in where needed, communicate clearly, and problem-solve as situations arise. Primary responsibilities include:
Building Security Management
- Responsible for refining and implementing security protocols throughout the building and training staff on these processes.
- Oversees operation of security camera system and keyless entry systems.
- Manages ongoing relationships with vendors and solicits bids related to building security.
- Responsible for overseeing creation and modification of key cards for staff, school families and others, and distribution, tracking and organization of facility keys.
- Completes regular assessments of building function, collaborating with staff in all areas to identify needs and areas of concern;
- Develops annual calendar for regular maintenance activities, including preventive maintenance plan, and cleaning/maintenance supply inventory, and perform tasks based on schedule;
- Performs routine maintenance and spot cleaning where necessary for basic repair, upkeep, and cleanliness throughout the building;
- Secures bids and oversees external contractors for capital and maintenance projects, ensuring work is completed to specifications and timeframes;
- Secures bids and oversees cleaning, landscaping and snow removal contracts;
- Serves as point person for coordinating third-party rentals;
- Responsible for setup and breakdown for JCA events, and occasional rentals;
- Develops and manages the facilities budget;
- As necessary, maintains records in accordance with grant requirements;
- Offers A/V support for JCA staff and rental use of shared spaces;
- Obtains or maintain ServSafe food manager certification;
- Maintains reception desk schedule and fills in as needed;
- Complies with and trains staff and volunteers on OSHA safety standards, ServSafe protocols, and other safety requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Salary: $60,000-65,000 depending on experience. The JCA offers a competitive benefits package that includes partial contribution toward individual health insurance, employer paid short and long-term disability and life insurance, and generous paid time off including 12 federal and several Jewish holidays. Programmatic discounts are also available.
- 5-10 years experience in facilities maintenance management.
- Strong comfort level with mechanical systems including HVAC;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, including Outlook, Excel, Calendars/Scheduling
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and meet multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, with excellent decision-making skills;
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate collegially with colleagues and communicate effectively with members;
- Reliable, dependable, and punctual;
- Appreciation of and openness to feedback and constructive critique;
- Enthusiasm for mission of the JCA
- COVID-19 Vaccination required.
55,000 - 65,000
The JCA's mission is to enhance and promote Jewish life and continuity locally, in Israel and throughout the world, and to generate the financial resources to develop, provide and support diverse programs, education and services in order to accomplish these goals.
The JCA is a collegial, familial work environment. We are dedicated to measurable outcomes and the highest level of programmatic excellence in serving our community.Interested in joining the JCA? Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.