Location and Job Title:
Camp & After School Program Assistant Director
Dave & Mary Alper JCC
11155 SW 112th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
- Assist in the development of all programming, both current and new program areas.
- Recruit and assist in the hiring of summer camp staff
- Work to help families with registration and scholarship applications
- Assist in managing the daily operations of camp when in session, including administration, camper care, and staff supervision
- Be an ambassador for the Alper J generally and Camp J Miami specifically everywhere you go
- Develop and strengthen relationships with children, parents, and vendors for all Youth Services through interactions, parent emails, phone calls, e-blasts, online presence, school visits, meet and greets, and community outreach.
- Assist with the supervision of the after-school program, including holding bi-monthly staff meetings and staff orientation.
- Direct supervision of mini-camp days
- Assist with planning, programming, and supervising youth programs for the community
Special Needs Oversight:
- Create and maintain special needs programming throughout the academic year for children of all abilities.
- Community Outreach to other organizations with special needs departments
- Connect with the public-school districts.
- Assist with intake meetings with families and prepare pre-camp intake reports for staff.
- Adapt activities and provide additional assistance as needed (e.g., interpret or modify instructions, provide physical assistance) in order to help participants, learn and participate
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate staff on the Summer Camp special needs Team
- Support staff in planning routines, schedules, and procedures to ensure inclusion
- Train staff and counselors-in-training on inclusion principles and skills
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or apply at https://alperjcc.betterteam.com/camp-after-school-...
- BA required in a related field to special education, OT, psychology, counseling, education, etc.
- Strong communication skills as you will be communicating with parents, school districts, and outside nonprofits.
- Has approximately 3-5 years of experience working with children of all abilities
- Summer camp experience preferred
- Must be confident to manage counselors during the summer
- Enjoy working in a team setting
- Good computer skills - with emphasis on Microsoft Office, Camp-Minder, and CCC
- Dependable, highly organized, with keen attention to detail
- Resourcefulness: the ability to address problems large and small
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
Located in sunny, beautiful Miami, Florida, the sprawling Alper JCC at The Jay Morton-Levinthal Campus lies in the heart of the suburb of Kendall, easily reached by many nearby transportation crossroads. Convenient and accessible, our Center provides many opportunities for the Jewish community and all south Miami-Dade County residents to enjoy recreational, educational, cultural and social activities.
Through our extensive facilities, we offer our Members and Non-Members the chance to meet and connect with individuals and families from all over. For fitness enthusiasts, our well-equipped Fitness Center is a great place to play racquetball with your family, train with a friend in the gym, or swim with a group in our Jr. Olympic pool. Our Youth and Adult Building, home to a wide selection of adult programs and our children's department offers the young and young at heart a place to gather and socialize. Also, our Sablotsky Cultural Arts Center hosts visual arts exhibits and performances for all ages and focuses on bringing quality, renowned Jewish artists, authors, and entertainers for the community to enjoy.
The Alper JCC is also home to many high-quality programs, each recognized for their excellence and commitment to the community. Our superb Quality Counts 5-Star Glen Greenstein Early Childhood Development Center offers families the perfect setting for their children, infants through preschoolers, to grow, learn, and appreciate Jewish heritage. For children, the Kids Connection After School Program provides a structured yet fun environment; and our summer camp gives campers the opportunity to grow and expand their horizons.
As a community agency, we strive to strengthen the Jewish community by promoting Jewish values, ethics and traditions through our programs and services. The Alper JCC invites you to become a Member today and take advantage all we have to offer.