Location and Job Title:
Vice President, Marketing
Shalom Orlando Inc
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Keith Dvorchik at Keith.Dvorchik@shalomorlando.org
The Vice President, Marketing (VPM) reports to the CEO and is the strategy and image guide for our organization. In September 2022 the Roth Family Jewish Community Center and the Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando united to become Shalom Orlando. The VPM will be the visionary who will take the newly launched Shalom Orlando to the community and ensure that the brand is consistent across our extensive programming. With a solid understanding of market trends and business needs, this role will be responsible for the comprehensive oversight of all marketing activities of Shalom Orlando's dynamic community center and organization.
The Vice President, Marketing will support and engage with all parts of the organization to provide leadership, strategy, and internal and external communications solutions. The program areas include, but are not limited to, Sports, Fitness & Aquatics; Summer Camp, Community Engagement, Philanthropy, Cultural Arts Programs & Festivals; Seniors; Infant and Toddler programming; and Early Childhood Development. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned, strategic and process-minded leader experienced in overseeing managers and staff, with the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships among a group of diverse and talented individuals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or a related field, or commensurate experience.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in marketing and brand management in a nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Jewish history, culture, and traditions
- Have a vision for communicating the current and future mission of Shalom Orlando to the Orlando Jewish Community and the community at large to promote and grow a multifaceted Jewish organization
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software management for membership and donor relations.
- Experience interpreting stakeholder data and suggest programing enhancement where the data reveals an opportunity to improve campaign effectiveness.
- Superior writing skills and design sense with the ability to use best practices in nonprofit marketing to tell our story.
- In collaboration with the CEO, develop and regularly report key performance indicators and digital metrics for short and long term goals.
- Effective communicator with the ability to develop narrative opportunities across various platforms and forms media. (content, photography, video etc.)
- Proven ability to coordinate and prioritize key projects, achieve results and demonstrate efficient use of resources.
- Identify, build, and manage internal staff and external creative/digital vendors to achieve efficient and effective deliverables
- Manage and oversee updates and development of the organizational websites: Shalom Orlando, JCamp and affiliated pages.
- Public Relations: Create talking points, press releases, media relations development geared toward positioning of Shalom Orlando as a community thought leader in the Central Florida Jewish Community
- Proficiency or knowledge of - Microsoft Office, Slack, BaseCamp, Mail Chimp, WordPress, Donor Perfect, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Video and Photography experience a plus.
- Salary Range is $100,000 - $115,000 annually, Full-Time Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to sit, stand and move for long periods of time and frequency throughout the day. Will be exposed to members of the general public on a regular basis. Local travel is required. Event participation and occasional nights and weekends may be required.
Shalom Orlando provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.