Location and Job Title:
Shalom Austin JCC
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
As the Membership Director of the Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center, you will be part of an energetic group of leaders who work collaboratively to strategize future enhancements to the sports and fitness areas of the Jewish Community Center. We will be opening a brand-new family-focused aquatic center and a six-court tennis center in Fall 2021, followed by a world-class fitness center and community spaces in 2022. Learn more at shalomaustin.org/generations-progress/.
The Membership Director oversees the planning, development, and implementation of the membership strategies that best meet the mission and needs of Shalom Austin JCC. The strategy includes serving our membership base, increasing membership units, streamlining the process in handling the operations of the department, improving tracking and reporting, and handling all follow-through on a timely basis. This position serves an important role in nurturing existing members and strategically facilitating the acquisition of new members.
It is important to have excellent people skills, exemplary oral and written communication skills, and be well organized. Attention to detail, strong computer abilities, and demonstration of proven sales experience are necessary. The Membership Director is a team player who is well versed in customer service and with great listening skills with members as well as staff.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
What you will be doing:
- Engaging new and existing members
- Overseeing membership department operations, including goals, budget, and staffing
- Effectively communicating to new and existing members through face-to-face interaction, email campaigns, and other means
- Building a team of sales and operations membership professionals
- Supervising and supporting Member Services staff
- Collaborating with the Sports & Fitness and other JCC leadership team members to ensure optimal member experience, including programs, physical space, and staffing
What you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Three years of experience in a leadership capacity of a membership-based or related organization.
- Demonstrated success with sales, preferably growing membership in a nonprofit or fitness organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 suite products.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Positive attitude and self-motivated.
- Works well collaboratively in a team environment.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
- Must be able to meet routine office physical demands including climbing stairs, carrying up to 20-pound objects, and possessing the dexterity and vision to operate office computers and equipment.
- Cultural competency with Judaism or Jewish culture
- Experience with Daxko software and/or other membership databases
- Two to four years experience working with lay leaders and volunteers
How to Apply
- You don't need to call us, just follow the link to apply.
- We promise we'll get in touch with you by phone or email.
45,000 - 55,000
Shalom Austin is the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation. The majority of our programming operates on 40 beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world - "weird" Austin, Texas. We are a passionate group of more than 100 staff working on our mission of enhancing the quality of Jewish life in the greater Austin area and around the world through philanthropy, education, social service, culture, spirituality, and total wellness.
What we care about:
Shalom Austin is a community-minded, inclusive organization. We are committed to creating and supporting a safe, welcoming, and diverse workplace for all people regardless of race, religion, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Shalom Austin and is required for all employees and independent contractors.
Shalom Austin Core Values:
- UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents, and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual improvement, and you consistently set new standards for success.
- RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity, and responsibility.
- CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
- INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations, and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.
Our great benefits:
- We'll pay you an annual salary of $45,000-$50,000.
- We offer outstanding medical insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and we'll pay 80% of the premium cost on your behalf.
- We provide life and long-term disability insurance, and we pay 100% of the cost for you.
- We will give you lots of paid time off. First-year employees receive 18 days of paid time off and more than 15 Jewish and Federal holidays.
- We'll offer you up to a 50% discount for your kiddos in our amazing early childhood program, as enrollment allows.
- We understand that you need a work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so we'll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We'll provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.
- Professional development opportunities.