Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The Kitchen Assistant will work directly with the Kitchen Supervisor in the preparation and delivery of lunches and snacks for the child care.
- Lunch and snack preparing and portioning as well as delivering to child care classrooms
- Daily cleaning of work space
- Assistance to the dishwasher in retrieval of food and dish carts
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC Early Childhood families, members, staff, guests, and the general public.
- Serve as a role model for families, members and staff demonstrating positive attitudes and an effective work ethic.
- Be familiar with the mission and vision statements and Core Values of the York JCC.
- Model the Core Values while working and communicating with families, members and staff.
- At least 18 years' old
- High School diploma
- Minimum 2 years' experience in food service
- Knowledge of current kitchen sanitation and food service safety practices
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of kitchen duties
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming