You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Human Resources Manager
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department, including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy, specifically relating to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Maintains employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee clearances, contact information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure, and other key details.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Provide support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in sensitive circumstances, such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Maintains accurate records of active job openings and received applications; manages internal and external job postings.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Manage the administration of employee benefits, which may include collecting and submitting employee information and notice of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other insurance carriers or insurance brokers.
- Plans and supports company-wide information meetings such as open enrollment, new hire orientation, and meetings to announce or discuss changes in retirement or benefits plans.
- Conducts record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research/propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure that the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Create learning and development initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understand/possess an openness to Jewish religion and traditions
- Serve as integral member of the Leadership Team
- Attend all meetings and events that support the department's main objectives and responsibilities
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public
- Be familiar with the mission, vision statements, and Core Values of the JCC. Model the Core Values while working and communicating with members and staff
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate
- High levels of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient in, or able to learn, the organization's HRIS and talent management system
$45,000 - $55,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming