Location and Job Title:
Katie and Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center
306 Flora Drive
Columbia, SC 29223
MAKE A SPLASH with The Kahn JCC!!!
Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the health and safety of members and guests using our pool. Join a team of dedicated, fun aqua-heroes!
- Current (and will maintain) lifeguard certification and CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Loves the water and helping pool users have an excellent and safe experience.
- Maintains active surveillance of patrons in designated zones; acts immediately and appropriately to maintain health & safety.
- Provides immediate & appropriate emergency care as required until the arrival of emergency medical services are able to take over.
- Provides backup to primary responders in the event of an emergency when not on active surveillance duty.
- Lifeguards will be provided and are expected to wear appropriate, clean uniform/attire while on shift.
- Performs routine maintenance/check pool chemicals, opening/closing procedures as scheduled.
- Alerts supervisor level staff of any dangerous conditions at the time condition is identified; closes area until situation can be corrected.
- Enforces all pool rules and regulations in a polite and fair manner.
- Other duties as assigned to provide a friendly, inviting, and safe environment for all patrons.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification or equivalent
- Current Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
- Consistency, reliability and punctuality
- Basic understanding of pool chemistry testing and adjusting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong swimming background
- Ability to perform in-water saves
- Good communication skills
Katie and Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a friendly, welcoming,
and inclusive community center in Northeast Columbia, South
Carolina. The mission of the JCC is to enhance the quality of life by providing
comprehensive programs based on Jewish values, traditions, heritage, and
culture. The JCC aims to promote unity through social, recreational, athletic,
educational, and cultural programs, enriching and uniting the Jewish community
and the community as a whole.
JCC hosts a range of programs for people of all backgrounds, ages, and
affiliation. Programs and special events for individuals and every family
member include fitness, sports and recreational leagues, aquatics, summer camp,
Jewish life, adult and senior activities, and community and member events.