Location and Job Title:
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
The Personal Trainer is responsible for managing/maintaining the fitness floors, being responsive to members and guests by offering assistance, and educating Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center (part of Jewish Silicon Valley) members on the safe and correct use of cardio and weight training equipment.This person also performs orientations/assessments, provides package prescriptions, answers fitness and wellness related questions, and sells personal training packages.
The Personal Trainer (PT) services guests, as well as new and existing members with equal priority. They generate excitement and interest in Center programs and implement and execute Center systems and procedures that focus on generating new members and retaining existing members. The PT will work in conjunction with the Senior Director of Programs assisting the SFD in building the revenue base to targeted levels and assuring that we offer beneficial programs and services.
The PT is responsible for carrying out our commitment to servicing our members in the best fitness environment possible. The PT will also be fully knowledgeable about departmental operations and emergency procedures while supporting policies and procedures established by the APJCC. This is a high profile customer service position delivering the highest level of service to our members exemplifying professionalism and insuring we adhere to our mission statement. This person has the responsibility of being responsive to members and being a resource for members needs regarding programs and classes while in the Center facilities.
Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs member orientations by booking appointments, conducting assessments and demonstrating equipment usage. Insuring that all new members attend Fitness orientations and are successfully integrated into the Club, feeling comfortable, welcome & at home.
- Promotes the personal training program by promptly contacting interested members, maintains a client base by selling new packages, encourages continued training with existing members, evaluates existing programs and modifies programs along with current industry trends. Creates new programs to maintain interest levels of existing members.
- Assist clients & members in using safe and effective form in their workouts
- Work at least 2 weekly Fitness Desk/Floor shifts as long as is designated by SFD, or until a consistent client load of 30+ weekly session hours is reached.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly fitness floor, racking weights, picking up towels, water bottles, magazines, etc.
- Perform fitness assessments (posture and movement assessments, blood pressure checks, body composition analysis, etc.) as requested by clients and members
- Support, teach and encourage members to reach their fitness goals
- Work collaboratively as a team with other department staff to ensure the best quality of wellness program for each client
- During scheduled desk shifts, perform daily facility and equipment maintenance and cleaning processes to include; wiping down equipment, re-racking weights, organizing magazines/newspapers, conducting restroom runs/walkthroughs, conducting equipment checks and noting any areas needed attention/repair and maintaining an organized and cluttered free workout areas, and additional duties as assigned
- Act as the Center goodwill ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
- Enforce JCC policies (phone use, appropriate attire, etc.)
- Stay up to date with fitness/wellness trends
- Assist in the development and implementation of new fitness programs
- Maintain a "Do whatever it takes" attitude towards servicing our members.
- Provide all requested statistical, payroll and reporting information to SFD on a timely basis.
- Maintain consistent logs of orientations, personal training sessions, scheduled appointments and follow up contact.
- Respond to Member's concerns, suggestions and complaints in a timely (24 hours/1 business day), professional and consistent manner.
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
- Demonstrate understanding of all points outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Represent the Center in a positive and professional manner at all times and demonstrate the values presented in our Mission Statement.
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Maintain Current CPR/AED certification, and Personal Training certifications
- Highly motivated, detailed, and organized
- A passion for helping others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least one year of experience personal training experience in a fitness/health club setting
- Operational knowledge of resistance training equipment and proper use/form
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.:
- CPR/AED certified
- At least 1 nationally accredited Current Personal Trainer Certification (AAPTE, ACTION, ACSM, ISSA, ACE, NASM, CSCS, NCCPT, NESTA, NETA, NFPT, NSCA, or Cooper Institute)
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Work in a Fitness Center/Community Center and typical business office environment
- Ability to lift/carry a minimum of 45 pounds
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods
- Ability to climb stairs and walk members throughout the center
- Ability to communicate in English
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.
35,000 - 45,000
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.