Location and Job Title:
Outdoor Pool Front Desk Associate
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Outdoor Pool Front Desk Associate is
responsible for greeting and welcoming members, answering questions, processing
transactions and helping to ensure pool policies and procedures are followed.
The job requires dependability, flexibility, ability to multi-task and
attention to detail. Position requires ability to work early morning weekday
shifts in addition to evenings and weekends. This job runs from Memorial Day
weekend through Labor Day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service is a priority! Make all members and guests at the Gordon JCC feel welcome and comfortable.
- Greet all individuals coming in to the outdoor pool at the Gordon JCC and provide the information and/or services requested in a positive manner.
- Request and scan barcodes to ensure member is in good standing. Follow procedures for members who do not have proper ID.
- Answer incoming calls and route calls using proper phone etiquette.
- Process purchases and financial transactions (i.e. swim diapers, guest passes and ice cream)
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency in regards to contacting security/EMT/Fire Department.
Education and Experience
- Customer service experience desired
- Proficient computer skills (with the ability to learn proprietary system)
- Familiarity in processing financial transactions and maintaining cash drawer
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Professional and friendly attitude is essential
- Commitment to always providing excellent customer service to members, guests, visitors and co-workers
- Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of members and information
- Must be able to able to work additional shifts on an as-needed basis
The work environment characteristics are representative of a community center. The pace of work is variable with the possibility of multiple requests occurring simultaneously. The physical demands of the position include sitting for long periods of time. Incumbents are required to use computer, telephone and other general office equipment.
Jewish Community Center is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing
recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over
1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville,
it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side
with their Jewish neighbors. The Gordon JCC is an equal opportunity employer.