Location and Job Title:
Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor - Evening Shift
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor ensures the building spaces (classrooms, restrooms, locker rooms, gym, auditorium, offices, fitness areas, hallways, etc..) clean and ready for use, complete set-up/tear-down of rentals, covers any nights the Supervisor is not present as well as any dayshift needs. Provides quality customer service throughout the shift.
- Open/close facility at designated times-secure building
- Set-up/tear-down of rentals
- Lead crew in absence of Supervisor
- Check and replenish locker rooms throughout shift
- To respond quickly to facility needs
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance
- Occasional extra hours
- Inventory housekeeping supplies and replenish stock
- Ability to work independently
- Communicate any concerns/problems to Housekeeping Supervisor
- Occasional exposure to chemicals, blood pathogens, dangerous equipment, body fluids
- Use of proper safety equipment
- Cover weekend events
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Use carpet cleaning machine and other cleaning equipment
- Attend required department and staff meetings.
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public. Serve as a role model for members and staff demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- Be familiar with the mission and vision statements and Core Values of the York JCC.Model the core values while working and communicating with members and staff.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information about staff, and use discretion when sharing any such information within legal confines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years Housekeeping experience .
- Requires fluent English to communicate and be understood through the use of a two way radio
- High school diploma
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Need to be standing for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders
- Need to be familiar with control and accounting of supplies
- Must be able to stack chairs and remove chairs to a height of 25
Work Schedule: o Full-time, exempt - Average 40 hours/week
$25,000 - $35,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming