You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Basketball League Referee
Shalom Orlando Inc
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
To apply, please send resume or cover letter to Sarah Weissman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shalom Orlando is looking for basketball referees to work our men's league games.
- Represents the JCC and maintains appropriate relationships with members.
- Maintains professionalism while working.
- Defuses conflict situations involving players, spectators, or captains.
- Communicates any inappropriate behavior to JCC basketball league coordinator
- Enforces Basketball rules provided by the JCC.
- Serves as a positive role model.
- Has knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Arrives to work in a timely manner.
- Represents the JCC and maintains appropriate dress code.
- Help sports staff set up prior to the start of the games and clean up after games conclude.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of rules and 2+ years of experience officiating Basketball.
- Must present a professional and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess conflict resolution skills and good judgment in identifying potentially risky situations involving participants.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions.
- The primary responsibility of the basketball referee is to enforce the rules of the game. Referees are responsible for calling violations maintaining order in play, and can assess technical fouls or eject players for rules infractions.
This position is a part time evening position with games on the weeknights.
Pay is $20 an hour.
$25,000 - $35,000
Shalom Orlando is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.