Location and Job Title:
NV Rides Manager
The Pozez Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
8900 Little River Turnpike
Fairfax, VA 22031
Summary of Position: NV Rides is a volunteer transportation network housed within the Pozez Jewish Community Center. NV Rides serves all 4 counties of Northern Virginia- Loudoun, Prince William, Arlington, and Fairfax. Our mission is to support low to no cost transportation services to the region's seniors and adults living with disabilities. We work to ensure that seniors can access essential medical services, events, and activities. We are committed to fostering a sense of community and connectivity through our volunteer-driven transportation network. We are seeking a dynamic and organized individual to join our team as the Manager of NV Rides. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing this well-established program, including events, accounting, finance, program planning, community outreach, social media, and volunteer management. This role requires a proactive and detail-oriented mindset.
Essential Position Duties:
- Plan and coordinate events related to NV Rides, including tabling at community events.
- Plan and execute events to celebrate volunteers and recognize achievements.
- Conduct outreach activities to promote NV Rides at local gatherings and community functions. Secure attendance at future events by frequently making contacts with other community organizations.
- Develop an annual events calendar, considering the unique needs and interests of seniors and volunteers.
- Generate leads and conduct outreach to reach new populations in the region that may have volunteers or would be interested in a partnership.
- Oversee accounting processes and ensure accurate record-keeping.
- Manage billing and financial transactions related to the program
- Work closely with the finance team to monitor and allocate resources effectively.
- Develop and manage a budget under a federal grant.
- Work with Volunteer Services Manager to develop and implement strategic plans for program expansion and improvement.
- Along with Volunteer Services Manager, collaborate with stakeholders to enhance the overall effectiveness of NV Rides.
- Monitor grants from government and nonprofit sources.
- Contribute to the process to secure future grant funding.
4. Outreach and Lead Generation:
- Conduct tabling events, outreach, and email campaigns to raise awareness of NV Rides.
- Generate leads for potential partnerships and collaborations to support program growth. Frequently network and seek out opportunities to share NV Rides and volunteer opportunities.
5. Social Media and Content:
- Manage social media accounts and create engaging content to promote NV Rides.
- In partnership with the Marketing and Communications Manager develop and implement a content strategy to showcase the program's impact.
- Create and distribute a monthly a newsletter discussing program for various constituencies (drivers, riders, volunteers)
6. Volunteer Training and Administration:
- In partnership with NV Rides coordinator, develop and conduct training programs for new volunteers on two software packages- Ride Scheduler and Sterling Volunteers.
- Manage background check processes for volunteers and maintain accurate records.
7. Reporting and Data Management:
- Prepare quarterly and monthly reports on program activities and outcomes.
- Implement data management practices to track and analyze key performance indicators.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (business administration, non-profit management, social work, etc.).
- Previous experience in program management, event planning, and volunteer coordination preferred.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and relevant software applications.
- Familiarity with accounting and fiscal management practices.
$35,000 - $45,000
The Pozez JCC of Northern Virginia (the J), located in Fairfax, Virginia, is a nonprofit, social service organization that builds community and enriches lives. The J is a community connector, offering a variety of programs and services on the main campus, online and throughout Northern Virginia through its many partnerships. Quality programs and experiences, based on Jewish values, include early childhood education, after-school & day camps, social programs for families raising young children, J-Fit health & aquatics center, adult education, inclusion & disabilities services, community impact services, and more. Programs are open to people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Pozez JCC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.