Location and Job Title:
Camp and Youth Director
JCC of Greater Buffalo
2640 N Forest Rd
Amherst, NY 14068
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Leo Filipski Brittany at email@example.com
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Camp and Youth Director will contribute to the vision, mission, and values of the JCC of Greater Buffalo by providing leadership, development, direction, and oversight to Camp Centerland and Kid's Place with standards of excellence. As a member of the Program Department, the Camp and Youth Director will work with other members of the Program Department, at the direction of the Chief Program Officer, to maximize both return on mission and return on investment.
- Supervise, manage, and develop all operations and staff of Camp Centerland and Kid's Place
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Camp Centerland and Kid's Place, in coordination with Chief Program Officer, executive leadership, staff, and appropriate committees
- Prepare budgets and engage in ongoing planning and business development
- Efficiently develop programs to maximize revenue and mission
- Maintain a high level of applicable professional knowledge, including market analysis, current trends and best practices through ongoing professional education, investigation and development of relationships with colleagues and official entities
- Coordinate with Advancement team and Chief Program Officer to maximize donor and grant based fundraising opportunities, and contribute to the cultivation of a culture of philanthropy
- Coordinate with Member Services team to provide an excellent customer experience
- Coordinate with Chief Facility Maintenance Officer to ensure a high level of cleanliness and appropriate maintenance of all Camp Centerland and Kid's Place facilities
- Coordinate with Communications and Technology Department to ensure a high level of communication, marketing, and effective use of technology to reduce barriers to service
- Communicate and cooperate with colleagues, members, and lay leaders as a member of the Program Department
- Complete all additional duties assigned by the Chief Program Officer
- Experience with ACA guidelines and requirements
- Ability to manage seasonal workforce
- Problem solving abilities
$55,000 - $65,000
Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo's core mission is to be the town square for building and strengthening the Jewish and Western New York communities by providing recreational, educational, cultural, and social programs and services consistent with Jewish values. The JCC's vision is "Building a Stronger Community."
As a not-for-profit multi-service agency open to everyone, the JCC is a diverse community that helps all age groups thrive and flourish. We offer fitness and wellness services, summer day camp, preschool, and school-age child care, family recreation, youth enrichment, adult programs, cultural arts programming, our beloved Jewish Repertory Theatre, and much more! We are unrivaled in our passion for helping the whole family.