Location and Job Title:
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
The YM &YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood is seeking out a self-motivated and responsible individual to provide housekeeping services to homebound older adults in Washington Heights/Inwood/Riverdale. Be part of a professional team with the shared goal of helping seniors age in place with dignity, safety and comfort.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Home cleaning
- Light shopping
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Full-time, FLAS Non-Exempt
- Unionized position
- 9:00 AM-5:30PM
- Home visits with program clients
- Other work is performed in a typical community center environment.
- $32,500 per year, paid hourly
- Eligible for salary increases under the
collective bargaining agreement (CBA)
- Competitive benefits package (Health Insurance; Generous Paid Time Off; Optional Pension Plan; Optional 403b Plan; Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Account; Commuter Benefit Plan; Free Y Fitness Center/Gym Membership)
- A minimum of two years housekeeping experience
- Experience working with an older adult population preferred
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must pass the background check and other pre-employment requirements
Established in 1917, the YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood ("the Y") is a not-for-profit Jewish community center that welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs. We offer a wide range of educational, recreational, and social services programs to enhance the quality of life of the people we serve. From topnotch early childhood education and youth development programs to innovative senior center services, there's always something for everyone at the Y!