Location and Job Title:
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
The membership sales associate is responsible for sales of membership and programs to current and potential members.They will develop relationships with prospective members, current members, and other groups in the community to grow our membership base.
This person is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about the center and its programs/services, delivering the highest level of customer service while creating positive experiences for our patrons. They must exemplify professionalism and ensure we adhere to the mission of the JCC
- Achieve individual and team goals through agency sales practices. This includes lead generation, tour scheduling, executing sales, relationship building and outreach and retention.
- Be a self-motivator achieving a 50% or higher sales closing ratio
- Consistently offer the highest level of customer service. Creating lasting relationships while creating a hospitable environment. Engage in informal conversations with members.
- Resolve member and guest issues in an empathetic manner
- Assist in program sales encouraging member and guest participation. Determine the needs of all to best connect them to the proper department
- Be an ambassador to the community on behalf of the JCC. Participate in festivals and events both internally and externally
- Process all new member applications with care. Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in database
- Coordinate, assist and participate in member appreciate week, JCC events, open houses and special projects as needed
- Follow retention plan for new members
- Respond to all inquiries and phone calls in a timely (24 hours) professional and courteous manner. This includes telephone, email and in person.
- Utilize various spreadsheets to keep data updated for team
- Always represent the JCC in a positive manner both internally and externally
- Attending department meetings and training as required
- Provide exceptional customer services to all
- Collect past due balances, aging invoices, and credit card declines
- Assist courtesy desks if needed in coverage issues
- Perform general office assistance and administration duties as required
- Responsible for all members customer service issues, including connecting families with appropriate JCC department personnel, reporting on issues of concern to members, conducting exit interviews with families that have dropped their membership.
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous consultative sales experience in a membership driven organization a plus
- 2+ years of retail service or fitness sales experience
- Outstanding communicator, connector and relationship builder
- Possess exceptions listening and interpersonal skills
- A positive, warm, friendly and flexible attitude
- Strong knowledge of computer software (Microsoft office, email and internet).Experience with CRM database (Sales force experience a plus!)
- Strong customer service background
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
It is the policy of this institution to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status or status within any other protected group.
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org
$35,000 - $45,000
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)