You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Director of Social Services & Outreach
Greater Raleigh JCC /Jewish Federation of Greater Raleigh
David R. Kahn Community Campus
12804 Norwood Rd
Raleigh, NC 27613
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Beth Richman at email@example.com
Dedicated to the mission, vision, and core values of Jewish Federation of Greater Raleigh, the Director of Social Services & Outreach is a senior management position providing overall leadership and direction to all JFS clinical programs and social service outreach. The director will supervise all clinical and support related staff and may additionally provide individual, group, family and adjunctive case management, counseling, or support group facilitation. The director will build connections in the community with partner organization and service provides, and work to assess the needs of the Jewish community of Greater Raleigh and the best way for the Jewish Federation to meet those needs.
Core Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Oversee the social service strategy and impact of the Jewish Federation
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to clinical staff and interns, including performance reviews Reach out to partner organizations within and beyond the Jewish community, build collaborative relationships to strengthen and expand Jewish Federation's social services impact
- Assess social service need of Jewish community in Greater Raleigh
- Oversee outreach initiatives, emergency aid programs, as well as food pantry
- Work with volunteer manager to create compelling direct service volunteering opportunities
- Provide individual, family and group counseling and case management as needed
- Partner with engagement team to develop initiatives and resources for community as issues are raised, and give leadership to organization's wellness initiatives and programs
- Complete and maintain timely and accurate client and administrative records according to organization policies and procedures.
- Be reasonably available for client emergencies.
- Understand and practice agency mission and value and ensure compliance with state, federal and local regulations.
- Oversee service delivery to ensure appropriate treatment plan and implementation.
- Provide supervision to clinical staff, or ensures that such supervision is providedby another party.
- Work closely with Federation senior leadership team to coordinate and manage clinical services billing and recordkeeping standards, and develop departmental strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with existing community resources to develop a network of external service providers with capacity to provide therapeutic services.
- Act as designated Federation representative on task forces, community service groups, etc., related to program purposes and activities.
- Provide consultation and education services to community agencies and groups as determined by needs assessment.
- Attend inter-agency meetings and conferences
- Abide by NASW Code of Ethics
Experience & Qualifications
- A Master's degree in Social Work or equivalent degree necessary to act as the agency's Social Service and Outreach Director, providing appropriate supervision for the professional clinical staff.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of management experience.
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills including writing and presentations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
$55,000 - $65,000
The Jewish Federation of Greater Raleigh is the central hub of Jewish life in Wake County and surrounding areas. The Jewish Federation includes our agencies: Jewish Family Services, Jewish Community Center, Jewish Community Relations Council, and the Jewish Community Foundation. Through our agencies and local and national partnerships, Federation welcomes, engages and empowers Jewish life in Raleigh, Israel, and around the world.