Location and Job Title:
Part-time Social Worker
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
The YM &YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood is seeking out a creative and self-motivated individual to work as a part-time social worker with its older adults (60+) who are aging in place Riverdale section of the Bronx.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting home visits
- Completing initial assessments and care planning
- Making referrals for community-based services
- Providing supportive counseling
- Assisting clients with obtaining benefits and entitlements
- Conducting outreach and establishing connections within the community
- Leading supportive groups for seniors in the community on aging-related topics designed to improve quality of life
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- 20 hours per week
- Work is performed in a typical community center environment
- Home visits with program clients may be required
- MSW required - LMSW preferred experience
- Minimum of two years of experience working with the geriatric population - a background in community outreach preferred
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must pass the background check and other pre-employment requirements
Established in 1917, the YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood ("the Y") is a not-for-profit Jewish community center that welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs. We offer a wide range of educational, recreational, and social services programs to enhance the quality of life of the people we serve. From topnotch early childhood education and youth development programs to innovative senior center services, there's always something for everyone at the Y!