You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Surprise Lake Camp
382 Lake Surprise Road
Cold Spring, NY 10516
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Sheryl Kirschenbaum at email@example.com
Looking for a well-organized problem solver who can collaborate with the Division Head and Key Staff to create a positive environment of communication, support and inclusivity. This person will guide and support Unit Supervisors, providing frequent feedback and working closely with them to ensure unit and camp routines and parent communications are being upheld.
- Work closely with unit supervisors to ensure unit routines are being upheld (clean-up, letter-writing, weekly blogs, etc.) and provide guidance and feedback as often as needed.
- Work closely with unit supervisors to provide camper behavioral interventions, and communicate all relevant information to Camp Director and parents as needed.
- Ensure supervisors collect daily camper worksheets and assist in reviewing them for potential issues.
- Make sure all camper-related notes and/or parent communications are logged in Campminder.
- Support the planning and implementation of Division-wide programming.
- Organize time off for all supervisory staff and ensure that all staff are taking appropriate time off.
- Assist staff with problem solving.
- Act as staff morale officer to help make staff feel appreciated and valued.
- Offer opportunities for ongoing professional development by sharing articles and resources with staff.
- Make sure all staff and camper evaluations are completed and submitted at the end of each session, reviewing staff ones, and making comments as needed.
- Be willing to request help, advice, and feedback from peers or support staff.
- Serve as a role model and provide support to staff and campers when needed.
- Fully participate in Key Staff Weekend, usually held in Feb or March.
- Fully participate in supervisor, general staff orientation and all supervisor and staff meetings.
- Assist with planning and implementing orientation/training workshops during Staff Training week
- Be responsible for knowing and adhering to camp policies, procedures, safety, and emergency policies.
- Report all suspicions of child abuse, bullying, or rule-breaking to proper authorities
- Report injuries or behavioral issue to the supervisor
- Review and comment on camper reports at end of each session.
- Be consistent. Remember that you, too, are worthy of rest and renewal. Take care of yourself.
Surprise Lake Camp is looking for professional childcare workers; teachers, friends, and role models who will help our campers learn and develop independence and self-esteem, and encourage them to create and strengthen relationships with each other and the environment.
We are looking for people with a high level of integrity, a positive attitude, commitment to safety, and a determination to give 100% to the campers and the success of Surprise Lake Camp. By joining the SLC team, you will guide our campers to reach their highest potential and become part of over 115 years of camping tradition, all while making a competitive salary in the beauty of the Hudson Valley.