Location and Job Title:
Year Round Lifeguard
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Kathleen Kennair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your primary duty as a lifeguard is to ensure and maintain safety for all patrons at the pools. You will do this by monitoring water conditions and member behavior, enforcing safety rules and paying close attention to swimmer activities and conduct. To work with us, you must have alertness and a sense of responsibility, as well as the ability to remain calm and act appropriately in an emergency. You must hold the required certifications and be 15 years of age or older.
Salary Range: $11- $15/hr
Shifts available: early mornings (5:30 - 10:30 AM) and afternoons (4:00 to 6:00 PM)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of all patrons at the pools.
- Lifeguards must enforce rules and policies.
- Lifeguards must evaluate and resolve emergency situations.
- Lifeguards must conduct safety checks, check and record chemical levels and help maintain the cleanliness of pool areas.
- Lifeguards must perform appropriate rescues and perform first aid when necessary.
- Lifeguards must report and document all injuries and rescues to the Aquatics Director.
- Lifeguards must be able to operate a handicap lift at any time.
- Lifeguards must attend and participate in mandatory bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Lifeguards must be professional and alert at all times.
- Lifeguards must be able to implement and enforce the Test, Mark & Protect policy.
- Lifeguards must be Rescue Ready.
- Lifeguards must be on time for scheduled shifts.
- Lifeguards must be able to anticipate a problem situation and resolve it before an accident occurs..
- Meet all JCC standards for professionalism in conduct and appearance at all times.
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude.
Education and Certification Requirements
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
- American Red Cross CPR/AED
- 15 years of age and older
- Applicant must be responsible, reliable, mature, personable and punctual.15 years of age and older
- Lead by example; follow all NOJCC policies and procedures as defined in the NOJCC Handbook and as directed by Agency leadership.
- Basic awareness of Judaism and Jewish cultural norms and traditions.
- Frequently required to ascend/descending stairs and lifeguard stand, and enter/exit pool; sit, stand, lift, bend, twist; remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods; move about to accomplish tasks; communicate with others to exchange information, and work safely both in and around the pool
- Environmental conditions may include exposure to outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind and high and low temperatures.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.