Location and Job Title:
Fitness Program Manager (Part Time)
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
General Position Summary
The Levite Jewish Community Center (LJCC) seeks a dynamic, part time Fitness Program Manager who thrives on offering outstanding programs and services to our members and their guests. The Fitness Program Manager is responsible for carrying the LJCC's commitment to provide services in the best fitness environment possible with the friendliest staff, most educated members, cleanest facility, and most business practices. This position will oversee the daily fitness operation and provide on-site leadership for fitness staff. The Fitness Program Manager actively promotes membership and the purchase of fitness training through a variety of means, including assisting members with introductory fitness training sessions. The Fitness Program Manager drives revenue by promoting our personal training programs and staff. This position is also responsible for all matters pertaining to equipment and safety on the fitness floor.
- Manage day-to-day operations and staffing of fitness floor staff and personal trainers.
- Maintain optimal staff coverage within budget.
- Provide effective supervisory-level response to members' complaints and issues with undisputed levels of superior customer service
- Ensure equipment is maintained to safety standards. Oversee equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Continually identify gaps in service and or/newly emerging needs.
- Deliver staff onboarding, training, staff meetings and performance evaluations.
- Actively promote LJCC fitness service to members and the general community.
- Personal training certification required. Group fitness certifications preferred.
- Supervise trainers and fit staff attendants. Provide direction in the performance of day-to-day work.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, membership Director and Group Fitness Coordinator in developing and planning fitness programs and promote fitness services to members.
- Provide assistance and support in managing day-to-day department activities. This includes staff scheduling, providing back up to trainers and a variety of similar department support duties. Required to work on the fitness floor daily, sometimes as a fitness attendant.
- Provide administrative functions including, but not limited to: timecard record keeping for a staff of 20 plus, tracking and analyzing data using spreadsheets, preparing purchase orders and ordering equipment and supplies.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Two years' experience in a fitness setting that included overseeing personal training, group exercise and fitness assessments.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work successfully in highly flexible and rapid changing work environment as well as work some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Office Suite and other business software applications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in health education, health science, recreation or related field preferred.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) certification or equivalent. ACSM Certification preferred.
- First and CPR certification.
Skills and Abilities:
- Professional and friendly attitude is essential
- Commitment to always providing customer service to members, guests and co-workers
- Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of members and information
- Must be able to work additional shifts on an as needed basis
LJCC Identity Statement
Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering place for a diverse membership to engage in a meaningful experience of the mind, body and soul.
LJCC Vision Statement
The Levite Jewish Community Center will be recognized as a model for member-centered, high quality Jewish programming, education and recreation. We will be known for superior facilities and visionary leadership through financial sustainability and community outreach.
LJCC Core Values
- We cultivate memorable life experiences and meaningful relationships
- We pursue collaboration within the Jewish and broader communities
- We empower individuals to learn and understand Jewish values
- We provide a welcoming and open environment
- We embrace and celebrate diversity
- We encourage wellness of the mind, body and soul
- We connect our community to the people of the State of Israel