You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Jewish Silicon Valley / Addison-Penzak JCC
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Jennifer Eichholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** No Nights or Weekends Required and Full Gym/Pool Membership & Discounts if hired ****
This position's pay range is $19.00 - $21.00 per hour.
This positiion is seasonal. The employee reports directly to the Camp and Youth Director. The main responsibility of this position is to assist the Camp and Youth Director in the planning, directing, supervising and implementation of all aspects of running Camp Shalom departments. The Camp and Youth Administrator will serve our community founded on respect, kindness and a desire for mutual growth. The APJCC is the ideal space for youth of all religious and ethnic backgrounds, we strive to create youth that will go on to become responsible, respectful global citizens.
All employees of the APJCC are responsible to create relationships with the members to add value to their membership and enhance their sense of belonging with the APJCC community.
- Create engaging, relevant and consistent on-brand content on all relevant social media channels
- Positively interact with families through various avenues of communication, which include but is not limited to; electronic newsletters, phone calls and emails
- Assist in registration software (Personify)
- Coordinates and executes registration for all day camp programs
- Manages and collects all account receivables
- Assists with financial management
- Assist in creation of camp calendar and schedule
- Help plan and execute pre-camp and/or post-camp
- Track and record all camp numbers and data
- Assist Camp staff through the camp planning process (Feb- May) to ensure quality programming
- A thorough and compete knowledge and understanding of APJCC Camp Shalom and Youth Programs
- Assist Director in carrying out all policies and procedures of the APJCC and the ACA
- Be prompt to all work assignments and adhere to day camp daily schedule and youth operating calendar
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Camp Director and as business dictates
Additional Functions during camp season
- Serves as office administrator during Camp Shalom which includes but is not limited to: camper registration, telephone answering/messages, lunch ordering systems, and communication with families.
- Manages system to administer, collect and manage all camper form
- Oversee camp day-to-day operations including; camper experiences, camper interactions, and staff support.
- Manage all CIT volunteer hours and CPR Certifications
- Monitor rosters and attendance records
- Maintain good public relations with youth and day camp parents
- Provide information to clientele and prospective customers regarding camp and camp programs
- Be familiar and follow through with camp policies regarding camper and staff phone calls and messages
- Develops a positive work relationship with direct staff and other APJCC employees
- Attendance at staff meetings and pre-camp trainings
- Performs all other duties as dictated by business and management
- Manage credit card purchase receipts
- Available to work non-traditional business hours - will require occasional evenings and weekend work
- Experience in youth and staff supervision
- Demonstrated good character, professionalism, integrity, and trust with confidential information
- Must have enthusiasm, be adaptable, dependable, and possess an excellent work ethic
- Must be articulate and possess excellent customer service skills, as well as communication skills both orally and written
- Must be able to accept guidance and supervision
- Must be proficient in computer skills. (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Experience with Personify software a plus
- Must possess basic office skills
- CPR and first aid certifications preferred
- Knowledge in Jewish programming is a plus
- Fitness Center/Community Center environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
- Ability to work within a flexible and on-demand work schedule
This position is contingent upon completion and clearance of a background fingerprint assessment via APJCC specific Livescan Location.
APJCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the APJCC and its employees.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.