Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Education Teacher Assistant
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
SALARY/STATUS: $15.00-$16.00 per hour DOE / Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Seasonal (Summer) with potential for permanent
A Teacher Assistant in the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center Preschool (aka Nierman Preschool) is responsible to assist in the day-to-day program in her/his assigned classroom, supporting the teacher in teaching the curriculum and caring for the children. The Teacher Assistant is to assist in providing a warm, nurturing, safe and inclusive environment. The Teacher Assistant is responsible for helping to carry out the goals and objectives of the program as established by the Early Childhood Committee and school administration.
- A minimum of 12 units required by the State of California in Child Development. BA/BS or above preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field preferred, not required.
- Experience as a teacher assistant or a teacher in Early Childhood preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays and culture with experience in Early Childhood setting.
- Attendance of workshops, classes, or conferences for continuing education in Child Development or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of early childhood education and developmental milestones.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with parents, children, and co-workers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic office machines including, but not limited to, copy, computer, internet, phones, and digital camera.
- Ability to attend conferences and workshops which may include travel.
- Must move easily around the classroom, playground, gymnasium, building, deck, swimming pool, and far field.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. May be necessary, in emergency or other situations, to pick up a 45 pound child.
25,000 - 35,000
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.