Location and Job Title:
Office Manager/Executive Assistant to CEO (FT)
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Joseph Sannella at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position supports the work of the office of YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and its Chief Executive Officer by handling a wide range of administrative tasks.
- General office support and backup.
- Ongoing communications with executives, key professional staff, the Y Board Directors &Committee members, City and State agencies, etc.
- Responsible for executive offices purchasing and supplies:
- Prepare purchase orders, invoices, ordering, and inventory; Maintain IT, telephone system, office equipment, etc.
- Oversee special projects and streamline processes related to purchasing, IT, HR, etc.
- Manage office vendor contracts.
- Responsible for executive office and CEOs telephone:
- Answer and screen calls, take accurate messages, return calls and accurately relay messages;
- Maintain CEOs files.
- Manage CEOs calendar.
- Responsible for CEOs meetings:
- Schedule meetings, reserve rooms, order food and make travel arrangements.
- Y Board responsibilities include:
- Establish rapport with Board members.
- Board communications and calendar.
- Maintain Board files.
- Schedule meetings, reserve rooms and order food.
- Attend Board meetings and take minutes.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the office to meet the goals and mission of Y.
- Full-time, non-exempt.
- 40 hours per week.
- Monday through Friday.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Additional functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Demonstrated experience in one of the following areas is recommended: executive management support, operations, communications, and registration or customer service.
- Knowledge of MS Office with strong capacity in MS Word and Excel, Google Suite, and ability to learn new software, such as cloud-based database software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on projects on deadline.
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with diverse people and multiple programs, interact with staff, members and donors at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.
$45,000 - $55,000
Established in 1917 as one of the first Jewish community centers in New York City, the YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood (the Y) is a thriving and visionary not-for-profit human services organization in Northern Manhattan. We welcome people of diverse ethnicities and all ages, from pre-school to older adults, into the Y family with a wide range of educational, recreational and social services and programs that focus on improving the quality of their lives. With a long and distinguished history, the Y is a multi-service community center that is well known for its nurturing environment and non-judgmental philosophy.