You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Jewish Life Manager
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The JCCs Manager of Jewish Life will lead a foundational and fundamental department of the JCC. The Manager will provide vision, direction, supervision, and support for the day-to-day operations of the Department. Ultimately, the manager is responsible for cultivating and supporting vibrant Jewish life at the JCC.
- Serve as a resource, collaborator and programmer for Jewish cultural and religious programming.
- Provide guidance and direction to the JCCs Jewish Life-Family Services Committee and Board of Directors regarding Jewish customs, practices, learning and celebration.
- Provide vision and direction to Jewish Life & Family Services Department, identifying key needs and strategic opportunities aligning with the JCCs mission and vision.
- Maintain and deliver departments high-quality, professional programs and services through ongoing assessments and evaluations.
- Develop/find new innovative culture and educational programming based on the Hebrew calendar.
- Accountable for creating/analyzing and monitoring annual budget regularly to ensure the Department meets projections; collaborate with the JCCs Advancement Department.
- Foster partnerships and collaborations with community Jewish and secular arts and culture organizations, and service providers to enhance the scope and reach of programs and services.
- Support and expand the volunteer program of the JCC with the assistance of the HR department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand/possess an openness to Jewish religion and traditions.
- Attend all meetings and events that support the department's main objectives and responsibilities.
- Positively and actively promote the JCCs mission, membership, programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public.
- Be familiar with the mission, vision statements, and Core Values of the JCC. Model the Core Values while working and communicating with members and staff.
- 5 years of experience in Judaic program development and implementation, and program presentation. Proven successful management experience in a JCC, non-profit, or similar agency.
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree preferred in Jewish communal services, nonprofit management, public administration or related field.
- Experience with Jewish communal agencies.
- Strong record of professional commitment and goal achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with professional organizations and individuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture and traditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicate effectively and interact well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism, leadership, confidentiality, strong social communication skills and compassion.
- Excellent documentation and record keeping.
- Strong social skills.
- Demonstrate patience and sensitivity.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Computer Skills: Competence in, and understanding of, Microsoft 365 Professional Suite.
$45,000 - $55,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming