Location and Job Title:
On Call Membership & Guest Services Welcome Desk Associate
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Under the direct supervision of the Welcome Desk Supervisor, the Member and Guest Services Associate is primarily responsible for delivering the highest quality of customer service to all members and guests at the JCC. This position is the first point of contact to all members and guests and requires being responsive to members needs while possessing extensive knowledge of the JCC. This person is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about the center and its programs/services, delivers the highest level of service to our members and potential members/guests, exemplifies professionalism, and ensures we adhere to the values and mission of the JCC.
- Provide essential customer service to ensure member satisfaction and member appreciation. This includes greeting guests and members at main entrance upon arrival and departure in building. Ensure members scan their cards and all nonmembers follow appropriate check in procedure.
- Proactively and accurately respond to client needs.
- Assist members with inquires programs, sales, and event information.
- Aid member services to acquire new members and retain existing members.
- Conduct point of sales transactions, receiving payments and processing if needed, issue receipts. Reconcile money bag daily.
- Promote JCC programs and services such as camps, swim lessons, special events, and personal training.
- Must be consistent and reliable. Find adequate coverage in a timely manner by alerting supervisor in advance of schedule changes or absence.
- Serve as a liaison between members and staff by communicating member concerns to proper supervisor.
- Maintain organization of front desk supplies and paperwork. Ensure the desk is properly stocked with applications, business cards and other information cards/flyers. Keep the desk area clean.
- Utilize Traction Guest on the iPad for check in for guests and visitors.
- Monitor cameras and intercoms to open access points throughout facility.
- Participate in departmental and agency training, staff meetings, committees, and special events.
- Maintain and enforce agency policies and procedures.
- Always meet all JCC standards for professionalism in conduct and appearance.
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by member and guest services team.
- Assist membership with check in process, ask the necessary questions before allowing them to enter the facility.
- Customer centered attitude, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent: college degree preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience working in customer service, sales oriented or hospitality position.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to think critically.
- Effectively be able to multitask, operating both computer and phone simultaneously.
- Display interest in learning new processes and skills.
- Proficient with computer (email, Salesforce, Microsoft)
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.