Inspired by the work we do every day, the JCC is an organization centered by Jewish values and focused on creating meaningful experiences and opportunities to enrich, connect, and positively impact our community.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and welcoming workplace and celebrate the diversity of our employees.
We value all members of our team in a supportive environment in which everyone is treated with appreciation and respect and positioned to do their best work every day.
Lead a team of ropes course specialists to facilitate high and low ropes challenge courses using approved course methods in an exciting day camp environment.
Length of Position:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Facilitate high and low ropes challenge courses using approved course methods.
2. Inventory and maintain equipment before and after each event.
3. Store equipment properly.
4. Review ropes facilitation techniques regularly during the season.
5. Review and practice take-down and emergency procedures regularly.
6. Judge weather and course conditions appropriately to ensure safety of participants.
7. Safeguard course use with vigilant inspection of all equipment, procedures, facilitators, and participants.
8. Relay program rules to participants in a positive manner.
9. Work as a team with co-facilitators and visiting teachers.
10. Serve as a positive role model to students and other instructors and participants.
11. Be physically, mentally, and emotionally present during events.
12. Any other duties assigned by the J Day Camp Director.
13. Create Schedule for staffing Zipline and Ropes.
14. Develop curriculum for low/high ropes to use during 2021 Camp Season.
15. Supervise zipline/ropes course staff.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Please note all active staff are required to show proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment as of November 15, 2021.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, we are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodations, please contact us and we will make every effort to meet your needs.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.