Location and Job Title:
WORKSITE MONITOR WORK, LEARN AND GROW/SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMS
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Commonpoint Queens' mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community.We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
Commonpoint Queens' Youth Workforce Department consists of a number of different programs provided across Queens serving young people ages 16-21 years old. The person hired as the Part-Time Worksite Monitor will be working in the Work, Learn & Grow (WLG) and Summer Youth Employment Programs (SYEP), based out of John Bowne High School in Flushing. These programs provide New York City youth with employment and educational experiences that build on their individual strengths and incorporate youth development principles. The Part-Time Worksite Monitor will report to the SYEP Worksite Operations Coordinator.
THE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF WORK, LEARN AND GROW ARE:
- To provide a valuable work experience at job sites that are safe and well supervised
- To assist youth in identifying their career interests through exposure to different industries, occupations, educational pathways, and the requirements for success in each of them
- To enable youth to acquire positive work habits and develop employment-related skills
- To facilitate the long-term employment and self-sufficiency of youth
- To enable youth to develop a greater understanding of higher education and career options available to them
- To enable youth to develop financial literacy and other competencies that will prepare them to succeed in their transition to adulthood
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit each worksite in caseload once a week, minimally.
- Ensure SYEP participants are satisfied with worksite placements and are completing maximum hours; contact youth as necessary to follow up on missed hours
- Ensure worksites are providing a safe and supportive environment to youth assigned to the site
- Serve as a liaison between SYEP participants and Commonpoint Queens to communicate information at regular intervals
- Distribute and collect participant timesheets, program evaluations and other program documents weekly
- Monitor and report any issues or violations to proper personnel
- Complete weekly monitoring reports for each worksite assigned to caseload
- Participate in SYEP and worksite supervisors' orientations.
- Administrative duties as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- High School Diploma/ GED required; college degree or current college enrollment preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout NYC via public transportation or one's own personal transportation preferred.
- New York State Driver's License strongly preferred
- Passion for youth and community development
- Experience and comfort working with youth and workplace professionals
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Extreme attention to detail and strong multi-tasker
- Ability to make deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Past experience working with Summer Youth Employment (SYEP)/Work Learn & Grow (WLG) Preferred
Hours: Part-Time; Up to 19 hours/week; varied hours
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Email cover letter and resume as a PDF or Word document only, to Sexilas@commonpointqueens.org. Please indicate "Worksite Monitor" in subject of email.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted and must provide proof of vaccination if offered the position.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.