Location and Job Title:
Afterschool and Family Program Coordinator at Mandel JCC, Boynton Beach
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
This position is at our Boynton Beach campus.
The Afterschool and Family Program Coordinator is responsible for the Mandel JCC's afterschool program and family programs.
This person also plays a key role at Camp Shalom during the summer as well as other Children/Camp programs during the year.
Normal working hours will include evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing a high quality after school program that is exciting for children to participate in after they have been at school all day.
- Recruitment, planning and day to day operations of the program including over 160 children and 20 staff.
- Facilitate overall program development, themes, activities, implementation and scheduling.
- Serve as a liaison between parents and participants throughout the year.
- Responsible for supervising, hiring staff, training prior to the start of the program and ongoing staff training.
- Work with all of the local schools on an ongoing basis to ensure pickups are going smoothly
- Evaluate program monthly to ensure the program is constantly changing and getting better.
- Responsible for monitoring the budget to ensure all aspects of Beyond the Bell and Family programs are within budget.
- Plan, implement, recruit, and evaluate all family programs at the JCC. This includes small holiday events and large scale community events.
- Leadership Role at Camp Shalom TBD
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' working with in program development and working with kindergarten-5th graders
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and sensitivity and comfort in engaging with people of all ages.
- Passionate about Judaism and Jewish communal life.
- Energized by kids.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, and prioritize demands.
- Flexible, able to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills (including talent development).
- Plans and utilizes time effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and community members
- A sense of humor and a passion for learning are essential.
- Cultural responsiveness and an alignment to our values and commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging.
$55,000 - $65,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS POSITION
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action
- Relationship building as you network with others across the country in similar positions.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.