You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Grants and Communications Writer
B'nai B'rith Camp
6443 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy
Portland, OR 97221
The Grants and Communications Writer is responsible for writing grant and marketing content in print and digital mediums. The position will research, develop, write, edit, and report grant proposals and various communications to support agency programs and capital needs. The position will deliver best practices and maintain positive relationships with multiple stakeholders. The Grants and Communications Writer will support the success of essential fundraising events and tasks by actively engaging with the development department's activities.
- Work with Development Director to prioritize grant and communications submissions.
- Research, write, and edit content for promotional, fundraising, and stewardship materials, including major gift proposals, grant submissions and reports, sponsorship opportunities, funding-area direct mail and brochures, press releases, and agency articles for print and digital media newsletters.
- Draft content with input from the Development Director, Marketing and Communications Director, Chief Executive Officers, staff, and stakeholders
- Provide administrative support to the Development and Communications departments in creating content for print and electronic advancement publications.
- Assist with editorial review of all printed and electronic fundraising materials (i.e., brochures, event invitations, email blasts).
- Research and discover grant opportunities from government agencies and Foundations.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on funding requirements of the agency.
- Write and submit high-quality and detailed grant proposals focused on programs, capital needs, sustainability, and agency initiatives planned for the current fiscal year to Development Director for approval.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with Foundations' trustees and representatives, donors, and other stakeholders.
- After grant awards are secured, work with program staff to review grant deliverables and marketing staff to ensure media announcements are promoted, and grantors are named.
- Track grant and reporting deadlines; maintain accurate records, and submit grant reports, with information from the programming and development staff, by or before deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in journalism, communications, English, creative writing, or another related field; or a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years in grant writing experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office programs, and other related software
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Proven leadership, positive attitude, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity and comfort with Jewish values and traditions
- Prioritizes inclusivity within the work that is produced
$45,000 - $55,000
B'nai B'rith Camp builds strong, vibrant, and welcoming communities through our life-long programs for all ages that encourage engagement and self-discovery. Along with our summer camp programs we offer year round experiences for all (see our offerings listed below).
We are open to everyone; a catalyst to build long-term relationships and friendships; a place where individuals and families can encounter Jewish ideas, principles, practices, and values; and a special space for convening important conversations and retreats for both the Jewish and broader communities.
BB Camp's programs, services, and experiences support a diverse and thriving community in having fulfilling and meaningful connections. Through our work, we create transformational experiences steeped in enduring Jewish values, in which differences are respected and communities are built.