Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The Kitchen Assistant at York JCC plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operations of the kitchen and the timely delivery of nutritious meals to children at both the Main Campus and Gan Rimon Campus. The candidate will be responsible for delivering food to children during lunch hours, maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen area, managing dishwashing duties, and providing support with additional tasks as needed.
- Lunch and snack preparing and portioning as well as delivering to child care classrooms at the main campus and to classrooms at Gan Rimon Campus
- Daily cleaning of work space
- Checking Freezers/Refrigerators temperatures in the am and pm
- Ensuring accurate and timely delivery of meals to children while adhering to established safety and hygiene protocols
- Operating dishwashing equipment to clean dishes, utensils, and kitchen equipment.
- Ensuring proper handling and storage of clean dishes and utensils.
- Assisting in retrieval of food and dish carts
- Assistance to the dishwasher in retrieval of food and dish carts
- Supporting inventory management by restocking supplies and monitoring stock levels.
- Assisting with receiving and storing food deliveries.
- Following instructions from kitchen supervisors and managers to complete assigned tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC Early Childhood families, members, staff, guests, and the general public.
- Serve as a role model for families, members and staff demonstrating positive attitudes and an effective work ethic.
- Be familiar with the mission and vision statements and Core Values of the York JCC.Model the Core Values while working and communicating with families, members and staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in food service/not required
- Knowledge of current kitchen sanitation and food service safety practices or willingness to learn
- ServSafe Certification preferred but not required
- Have valid drivers license and car (mileage will be paid for use during work hours)
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods and lift moderate loads.
- Willingness to undergo background checks and obtain necessary certifications if required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of kitchen duties
Work Schedule: o Part-Time Hours, 7am-230pm Monday-Friday
$25,000 - $35,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming