Location and Job Title:
Program Director, NORC With Out Walls
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 35 hours; special events may require evening or weekend hours
- Location: Eastern Queens
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and coordinate all NORC Supportive Services programming for adults aged 60+
- Ensure program meets standards as set forth by funding sources including, but not limited to, the New York City Department for the Aging, New York State Office for the Aging and UJA
- Develops and ensures program and staff adherence to policies and procedures in line with standards set forth by funding sources as well as Commonpoint Queens
- Responsible for timely completion of all internal and external reports; tracks program utilization regularly; conducts annual needs assessment and program satisfaction surveys; measures impact of services provided and makes service changes based on outcomes
- Builds and maintains valuable relationships with local legislative representatives, other community based organizations, Senior Advisory Board members, community nursing partners, local hospitals and rehabilitation centers as well as other divisions within the agency
- Facilitates quarterly meetings of the Senior Advisory Board
- Meets with potential new members to explain services available and to assess client needs; provides case management as needed via telephone, office or home visits as appropriate
- Develops and implements outreach strategies to reach severely isolated residents
- Provides individual and group supervision (staff meetings) for Social Worker, Program Volunteers, Interns, and paid Instructors on a regularly scheduled basis, and manages attendance for all
- Community outreach to identify and engage a diverse, underserved population
- Works with department staff to create a bi-monthly calendar of events and programming for distribution to the community
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings of the Older Adult Services Department Program Directors and training sessions as available
- Assists with budget development, grant writing and contract renewals
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Licensed Master's Degree in Social Work with a minimum of 3 years post Masters experience.
- SIFI certified or eligible to enroll in SIFI.
- Experience working with older adults, doing community outreach and program development.
- Knowledgeable regarding benefits and entitlements applicable to older adults.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and comfortable utilizing various technological platforms to facilitate and participate in virtual programming.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a car available to do home visits.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
- Ability to travel to multiple service sites within the agency.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.