Location and Job Title:
Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg
3301 N Front St
Harrisburg, PA 17110
The Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg is seeking a Director of Development to plan and implement all fundraising efforts, including acting as the lead manager of the capital and major gifts campaign for the new Alexander Grass Campus for Jewish Life.Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Development will develop and implement the annual campaign plan. The successful candidate will cultivate, steward and oversee donor relationships; design and implement creative and innovative fundraising strategies; recruit, organize, train and supervise volunteers; assure adherence to fundraising time schedules; oversee budgets; meet with individuals, corporations, and foundations to solicit funds for the Federation; and attain detailed knowledge of the Jewish community and philanthropic trends. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader and a team player with a strong sense of purpose, commitment, and personal responsibility to the Jewish Federation and to fostering a culture of philanthropy in the organization.
The Director of Development reports to the CEO and works extensively in partnership with the Information Systems Director, Marketing Director, and community campaign chairs regarding all fundraising matters including the annual and special campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, visionary, dedicated to creating connections with current and future donors and volunteers, have an understanding of the realities of today's fundraising climate, and be passionate about strengthening the Jewish community.
- Lead fundraising efforts for a comprehensive capital and major gifts campaign for the new Alexander Grass Campus for Jewish Life.
- Prepare annual campaign plan including goals, objectives, calendar, budget, and process; modify plans as necessary throughout the campaign year.
- Oversee all campaign divisions, with a focus on expanding the donor base.
- Manage annual campaign processes, including coordinating major gifts through prospect assignment; tracking solicitations; planning events and mission trips; and managing volunteer communications.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new and existing donors, building a robust network of those with influence and affluence in the Harrisburg community.
- Recruit, select, train, support, motivate and empower fundraising volunteer leadership.
- Collaborate with other departments on the annual campaign process, volunteer leadership development, marketing, solicitation and event planning.
- Coordinate campaign events (i.e. kick-offs, thank you events, etc.) and giving societies (i.e. Maimonides, Cardozo, Ben-Gurion, Women's Division, etc.).
- Develop a team of volunteer leadership for the campaign.
- Strategize and help implement fundraising efforts consistent with the Jewish Federations of North America, including an allocations process for identified local needs, Israel, and overseas.
- Collaborate with the Jewish Community Foundation of Central PA; act as the staff liaison for the Life and Legacy Committee.
- Identify grant opportunities, write grants, and ensure appropriate filing and reporting.
- Administer the EITC/OSTC Program.
- Identify sponsorship and naming opportunities.
- Lead development efforts in partnership with other Jewish agency staff to coordinate and collaborate initiatives and donor cultivation where appropriate.
Annual salary range will be based on experience and qualifications: $70,000-$80,000.
- Free Membership to our Jewish Community Center
- 25% discount on all services/programs that we offer, including our Early Learning Center
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package, including FREE Basic Life/AD&D/Long Term Disability Insurances
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Jewish/Secular Holidays
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- B.S. or B.A. required
- Minimum 7 years' experience in professional fundraising, fundraising management and volunteer management
- Certified Fund Raising Executive Certification (CFRE) preferred.
- Experience in development and annual campaign planning, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, strategic planning, database management and budgeting.
- Past experience with capital or other major campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail and follow-up.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and leadership skills.
- Negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Understanding the value and nature of the volunteer/professional partnership.
- A strong belief in the value and importance of philanthropy and the elements needed to foster a strong culture of philanthropy.
- A strong commitment to Jewish communal life and institutions.
- An ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Our mission is to
ensure that the Jewish community of Greater Harrisburg flourishes by serving as
its central unifying communal organization, and by strengthening the bonds
within our community and with Israel and Jews around the world. Our
organization is fully integrated with our community's Jewish Community Center
which provides a wide variety of high caliber programming for the entire
community at all stages of life, from early childhood education to senior