Come join the team at the JCC! We are currently looking to hire a Catering & Rentals Assistant. JCC employment includes potential for health benefits, facility membership, discounted childcare, paid time off and more! This part-time job has potential to grow to full time and pays $17 per hour.
Position Summary: Working with the Hospitality Director, Executive Chef and JCC programming staff, grow the JCC catering and rentals business through increased sales. Coordinate events occurring at the JCC while maintaining Kashruth. Manage in-house events, the catering business software and department inventory.
1. Knowledge and Education: Associates Degree with two years of relevant experience required. BA/BS preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum Required or Preferred: Minimum 2 years' experience in event planning and customer service with at least 1 year in the hospitality industry.
3. Special Skills: Outstanding customer services skills; highly organized with ability to focus on details; strong communication skills; basic budgetary knowledge, and proficient with Microsoft Office software (knowledgeable in Excel and Word). Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Knowledge of Kashruth preferred. Knowledge of liquor sales and inventory. Familiar with catering software (Caterese, Zuppler) a plus. Event planning and decorating experience preferred but not required.
4. Physical Abilities: Able to sit and stand for long periods. Able to lift 20 lbs.
5. Schedule: Flexible schedule with priority on 5 days per week consistently. Weekends / evenings as needed; schedule adjusted as necessary to meet the needs of the JCC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.