Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Community Care Director - Camp Seneca Lake
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
Camp Seneca Lake is located in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of upstate New York and has been providing cherished memories for over 90 summers to kids grades 4-11. We are hiring a Community Care Director to focus on wellness and socio-emotional learning. This role is a seasonal, summer, full-time, non-exempt position, with part-time hours before summer session begins. During the summer session the position includes evening hours. The Community Care Director reports to the camp Assistant Director, and Director.
Specific Responsibilities of the Community Care Director include but are not limited to:
a leadership role in the planning and implementation of staff training and
ongoing staff learning related to mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health
- Creating and implementing programming for small groups
of campers focused on wellness and social-emotional learning.
- Optional: Creating
and implementing programs for staff and parents focused on wellness and
- Serving as a resource to campers throughout the summer
in facing mental, emotional and social health challenges, and creating
environments where campers can thrive.
information about camper needs, and communicating those to staff, as well as
documenting communication and plans within CSLs systems.
and managing relationships with parents/caregivers in regards to camper needs.
reports to funding agencies in relationship to mental emotional and social
health of CSL and its campers, including sharing high-level understandings of
interactions and interventions taking place throughout the summer.
in Foundation for Jewish Camps Community of Practice as part of our camps
place in the Yedid Nefesh program,
including two or three virtual gatherings and one in-person gathering per year
with other Jewish camp mental health professionals.
an active presence on-site at camp as a part of the community.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- 6/21/22-8/17/22 on site, plus additional part-time pre-season work. Competitive salary of $10,000 for the season.
- Room and board provided during the camp season.
- Yedid Nefesh program provided professional development
The ideal candidate
is interested in being in this role for at least 3 years while our camp
participates in the Yedid Nefesh program. This relationship will be reviewed on
a yearly basis during that time, with the hope that the relationship can
continue beyond the 3 year grant program period.
- Available for the entire Camp Season, 6/21/22-8/17/22.Some pre-season work may be required.
- Graduate-level or higher degree in a mental health field. Including, but not limited to: social work, mental health counseling, psychology, youth psychiatry, family therapy, etc.
- 3-5 years of post-graduate work experience in a related field.
- Prior camp experience in working with young children is preferred
- Exceptional skill and capacity for engagement and
relationship building with both children and their parents.
- Proven ability to provide emotional support to a wide range of ages.
- Strong understanding of, and a willingness to be creative with, strategies to ensure campers of varying needs can be part of a mainstreamed program.
- Be a leader, self-starter, and strong collaborator.
- Ability to accept guidance, constructive feedback, and support from teammates.
JCC of Greater Rochester's Camp Seneca Lake
200 Camp Road
Penn Yan, NY 14527
Position type: full time, seasonal, 2022 summer camping season
Region: Finger Lakes