Location and Job Title:
Salesforce Database Administrator
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
Salesforce Database Administrator and Office Manager
Salesforce System Onboarding and Implementation:
- Support organization-wide migration to Salesforce by joining the project management team to facilitate exploratory conversations with department heads, data cleanup and migration, and go-live testing.
- Work with the Managing Director of Youth and Recreation to ensure all project goals and deliverables are met within the designated timelines.
Internal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning:
- Support the implementation of programmatic monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems, including maintenance of internal program dashboards.
- Work with the Grants Manager to assist with reporting.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, attend trainings, and resolve issues with Salesforce and Traction Rec.
- Provide Marketing and Development teams with relevant data-driven materials to support campaigns and impact reports.
- Work with department heads to design and pull tailored reports, and to support data entry projects.
- Perform database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing.
- Evaluate and install new Salesforce releases, and provide training and support to staff.
- Document processes, including error reports and changes to field history.
- Identify and implement new Salesforce applications to improve processes and productivity.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Managing Director of Youth and Recreation, staff database adoption through training, ongoing support, and construction of a YM&YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood handbook for database procedures.
- In partnership with program directors, complete system builds. In circumstances where build-out requires extensive back-end development, liaise with outside contractors to ensure that system changes are well-documented.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation range of $60,000-$70,000 based on experience, skillset, and education.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and competitive benefits package: Health Insurance; Retirement Plan, Optional 403b Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefit Plan, and Y Fitness Center Membership.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A problem-solving nature, the ability to cultivate and maintain strong and trusting professional relationships, and a high degree of social-emotional intelligence.
- Commitment to learning, teaching, and sharing expertise.
- Enthusiasm for data, learning systems, and technology and outcomes.
- Experience and competency working with Salesforce as a developer/ administrator/ programmer.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different staff members spanning multiple departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science preferred.
- Salesforce certified administrator or Salesforce advanced administrator certification.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Salesforce administrator in a similar environment.
- Experience with Traction Rec preferred but not required.
$55,000 - $65,000
Established in 1917 as one of the first Jewish community centers in New York City, the YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood (the Y) is a thriving and visionary not-for-profit human services organization in Northern Manhattan. We welcome people of diverse ethnicities and all ages, from pre-school to older adults, into the Y family with a wide range of educational, recreational and social services and programs that focus on improving the quality of their lives. With a long and distinguished history, the Y is a multi-service community center that is well known for its nurturing environment and non-judgmental philosophy.