Location and Job Title:
Capital Camps & Retreat Center
11300 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Please apply externally at https://capital.campintouch.com/ui/forms/applicati...
As a staff member at Capital Camps, all staff members should be able to:
- Serve as a positive role model for campers of all ages
- Develop positive relationships with individual campers and staff
- Adapt well to feedback / criticism, always yearning to learn/grow as a professional and as a person
- React to complex situations, make quick decisions and solve problems while protecting the interests of the campers and of camp
- Collaborate with staff members and supervisors, asking for help when needed
- Pay attention to detail
As a Leadership Team member at Capital Camps, responsibilities include:
- Supervise college-aged counselors and specialists working in unit or activity area.
- Have an intimate knowledge of camper and staff social, physical, and emotional status at all times - recognizing that each individual is unique.
- Participate in regular staff meetings as part of the Leadership Team.
- Participate in ongoing staff training throughout the summer.
- Model positive and appropriate behavior at all times.
- Develop, implement, and supervise unit and camp-wide special events and evening programs.
- Participate in Shmira (supervision) when needed, including late at night. Evening Shmira typically lasts until 1:00 am.
- Work closely with the Program Team on daily schedules to assure the successful execution of all programmatic curricula.
Additional responsibilities as an Aquatics Coordinator include:
- Oversee staff and operations at the pool and lake including daily schedules and time off
- Ensure safety and well-being of anyone at the pool or lake, including campers and staff
- Setup and cleanup of pool and lake on a daily basis
- Create age-appropriate lesson plans for swimming lessons with staff in advance of sessions
- Accompany camp groups on off-site trip to provide supervision of swimming/boating (not all lifeguards will be asked to accompany camp groups off-site)
- Engage all campers in activities, including those who are reluctant to participate.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to keep staff apprised of key information
- Collaborate with other members of the Leadership Team on special projects and daily schedules
- Inventory supplies/equipment daily, including ensuring all supplies/equipment are safe/appropriate to use
Our 2023 summer season is from Sunday, June 11 - Tuesday, August 15 (includes staff training weeks). We are looking for a great Aquatics Coordinator with proven success in supervision, lifeguarding, and/or aquatics management.
Capital Camps is the premier Jewish community overnight camp in the region. Our program is designed to ensure only the highest possible standards of supervision, program and facility. At Capital Camps, we inspire our campers and staff to grow as individuals and to build Jewish communities through meaningful challenges and shared experiences. Camp is brought to life by a summer staff team of approximately 175 individuals with incredibly diverse backgrounds. As a summer staff member at Capital Camps, you'll receive intentional training and gain opportunities to grow and develop in a wide variety of skills and settings, all while having a ton of fun!