Location and Job Title:
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Shalom Austin JCC
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
As the Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator: Member Experience, you will be part of a dynamic, talented, passionate group of marketers and storytellers. You will wow us by successfully planning and executing effective marketing programs that help our growth and brand development for the member experience department including Sports & Fitness, Wellness and JCC membership. Our ideal candidate will have the organizational and critical thinking skills matched with creativity to manage projects from start to finish, keep marketing campaigns on track and achieve membership, engagement and attendance goals. This person is responsible for supporting the Member Experience department with digital marketing, content creation, website updates, social media coordination, audience segmentation and event- and program-related support for various sports and fitness, wellness and JCC membership initiatives--to achieve the growth and expansion goals of this area of Shalom Austin. You will work collaboratively with the member experience team and the marketing team while reporting directly to the Senior Marketing & Communications Director. It is an exciting opportunity for a creative marketing go-getter eager to get involved and collaborate with like-minded professionals in a fast-paced, mission-driven non-profit organization.
This is a FULL-TIME, SALARY position.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate with the member experience team to brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns for membership acquisition and retention and sports and fitness programming.
- Create communications plans based on department needs and goals with defined objective, target audience, messaging and tactical considerations.
- Execute communications plans to reach target audience(s) through appropriate channels, including, but not limited to: email, social media, brochures, direct mail, event invitations, print and digital ads, etc.
- Write, post, measure, manage and respond to messages on social media for member experience, including Facebook pages and groups, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Track and report on marketing metrics to measure campaign success.
- Work with the graphic design team to help create content that meets department specifications.
- Liaise with external vendors to manage and execute promotional events and campaigns.
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned.
- Work with departments to ensure consistency in all communications.
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual marketing and communications calendar.
- Prepare and distribute targeted email campaigns.
- Support ongoing updates and enhancements to the website.
What you will bring:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of experience successfully serving in a marketing communications or related function, preferable in the non-profit, association and/or fitness and wellness sectors
- Demonstrable experience in digital marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, project management and time management skills
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented and a passion for creativity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted demands
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new skills
- Works well collaboratively in a cross-team capacity
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with CRM tools for email marketing, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Familiarity with Wordpress and basic HTML/CSS a plus
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM is a plus
Our great benefits:
- We'll pay you an ANNUAL salary of $44,000-$48,000, based on experience.
- We offer outstanding medical insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and we'll pay 80% of the premium cost on your behalf.
- We provide life and long-term disability insurance, and we pay 100% of the cost for you.
- We will give you lots of paid time off. First-year employees receive: 18 days of paid time off, and more than 15 Jewish and Federal holidays.
- We'll offer you up to a 50% discount for your kiddos in our amazing early childhood program, as enrollment allows.
- We will give you one free membership to the JCC.
- We understand that you need work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so we'll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We'll provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.
- Professional development opportunities
What we care about:
Shalom Austin is a community-minded, inclusive organization. We are committed to creating and supporting a safe, welcoming and diverse workplace for all people regardless of race, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Shalom Austin and required for all employees and independent contractors.
The Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center (JCC) is one of the four branches of Shalom Austin. The JCC is your place to connect with the community, build friendships, improve physical fitness and overall wellness, and attend programs with family and friends. The "J" is open to all. It welcomes and respects people of all ages, fitness levels, interests and religions.
Located on the lush 40-acres of the Dell Jewish Community Campus, JCC members enjoy full access to the Sports & Fitness Complex, including the fitness center, free-weights room, full court gymnasium, aquatics center, tennis center and nature trail. Membership includes a variety of free in-person and online group fitness classes, access to youth and family programming, Early Childhood Program preschool, and after school activities. Members may also take advantage of early registration and discounts on programs and events such as summer camp (JCamps), enrichment classes, adult programming and more. The Jewish Community Center serves as the main programming division of the Jewish Community Association of Austin. The key programming areas under the JCC umbrella include Early Childhood, Sports & Fitness, Youth & Teen Services, and Jewish cultural and educational programs. JCC members enjoy full access to our outstanding Sports & Fitness facilities and also receive discounts on JCC programming such as JCC Camps, enrichment classes, special cultural events, and more. The JCC is a beneficiary of the Jewish Federation of Greater Austin Annual Campaign.