Location and Job Title:
Hebrew Speaking Mental Health Professional
Mandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland
26001 S Woodland Rd
Beachwood, OH 44122
- Review pertinent paperwork (mental health history, medical, etc.) for all Israeli staff and campers (Camp Wise to provide this via hard copy) in coordination with Community Care Manager
- Provide introductory email to Israeli staff (about 2-4 weeks prior to their arrival) (we can create an email address if you are not comfortable using your personal/professional one)
- Provide introductory email to parents of Israeli campers (we can create an email address if you are not comfortable using your personal/professional one)
- Hold in person introduction with Israeli delegation
- Provide explanation of your role, background, how you can be of help/support
- Co-Facilitate session for larger staff for incorporating Israeli staff, addressing Israeli conflict, supporting Israeli campers and co staff
- Explain your role to the rest of the staff
- Meet 1-2 times with the Israeli Delegation as a group or in small groups to continue developing the relationship and supporting their transition into Camp Wise.
- Establish check in system for during staff week (when there's a lot of information, lots of sessions, adjustment, etc.
- Discuss and develop ongoing check-in systems and reinforce open communication with supervisory structure
- Advise Community Care Manger and/or Camp Director on any concerns that arise
- Maintain availability for staff and campers
- Predetermined schedule which gets communicated to staff
- Can be combination of in person, text, zoom/face time, on call hours, etc.
- Communicate updates on staff back to Community Care Manger and/or Camp Director for documentation purposes
- Provide ongoing support for campers and staff based on need
- If needed, facilitate periodic group gatherings for Israel staff; or other staff impacted by the war/situation
Certified mental health professional
Seasonal position - approx. June 1 - August 1
Mix of in person and virtual
Mandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland builds and strengthens Cleveland's entire community by providing exceptional programs and services that enhance Jewish continuity and identity in four key program areas:
1. Fitness, Wellness & Recreation and Aquatics
2. Preschool/Early Childhood Education
3. Camping - Day Camps & Camp Wise Overnight Camp
4. Cultural Arts
Mandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland connects and strengthens our Jewish community and the greater Cleveland community by providing exceptional programs and services in the following program areas: Fitness, Wellness and Recreation, Preschool/Early Childhood Education, Day Camps and Camp Wise overnight Camps, and Cultural Arts. Membership in this non-profit social service agency is open to all. Mandel JCC receives funding from the Jewish Federation of Cleveland, grants, donations and other public funding sources and has been serving the greater Cleveland community for more than 70 years.