Location and Job Title:
Front Desk Receptionist
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
- Greet and assist Shorefront Y clients, inform of all Shorefront Y offerings
- Perform administrative duties including answering phone calls, sending and receiving daily emails, computer entry, faxing, photocopying, updating bulletin boards, etc
- Learn and manage agency data/client management software
- Registration and payment collection for all Shorefront Y programs, scanning and emailing registrations to incoming clients.
- Maintain and file applications for all Shorefront Y programs.
- When assigned responsible for the operations of the building during weekend and evening hours such as answering telephone, redirecting communication to appropriate staff members, working with security, overseeing health and safety of clients in the building, and being the point person for reception
- Coordinate work with program supervisors and department heads
- Communicate with staff in distributing memos, mail, and other notices as needed, updating information for staff lists, phone extensions, updating staff names on mailboxes and keeping on top of information that is put on the bulletin board
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and customer service skills
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn new computer programs
- Must be friendly, engaging and patient with callers, clients, and guests
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize daily workload
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a very diverse number of backgrounds
- Bilingual English and Russian is preferred.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
$25,000 - $35,000
The Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton-Manhattan Beach, Inc. (SFY) builds community, strengthens families, and empowers individuals to achieve their potentials and enhance their quality their lives. Our programs and services reflect the richness of the Shorefront YM-YWHA's Community Center and Settlement House traditions. We reach out to and serve people of all backgrounds and abilities throughout their life spans.
We provide a wide range of exemplary educational, recreational, preventive, and rehabilitative health, vocational, cultural, citizenship, Jewish identity-building and human service programs to meet the evolving strengths, needs and interests of the rich mosaic of people in southern Brooklyn.