Location and Job Title:
Infant Lead Teacher
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking to add experienced, dedicated Lead Teachers to its Early Childhood Learning Center at the Mandel JCC in Palm Beach Gardens.
Our classrooms each have an assigned Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher that are responsible for working together in their assigned class of children in planning and implementing the curriculum, working with parents, and assessing the needs of individual children under the guidance of the Lead Teacher and Director of Early Learning. The curriculum followed in each classroom is designed to meet the emotional, physical, cognitive & social needs for both the individual child and the group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a safe, nurturing and child-centered learning environment, developmentally appropriate to the age/growth level of the children assigned, where young children's skills and self-concepts are enhanced, independence and exploration encouraged, and, individuality respected;
- Attend to children's physical and emotional needs, such as changing diapers, making bottles, ensuring safety when eating, etc.;
- Communicate with the parents of the children in your care and work collegially with the JCC Early Childhood team;
- Create and maintain a classroom which meets the physical, intellectual, social and emotional needs of both the individual and the group of children assigned;
- Ensure that the environment is warm, inclusive, safe, orderly, clean and appealing, and, which permits the children to explore and grow;
- Create and maintain a daily routine of cleanliness in the classroom to prevent illness/the spread of contagious illness. This includes: frequent handwashing, sanitizing toys, cleaning tables, etc.;
- Daily 'well-check' of students at arrival time and throughout the school day;
- Interact with the children and encourage their curiosity, interest and involvement;
- Edit lesson plans/unit plans as needed to meet the needs and interests of the children;
- Follow the Discipline Guidelines of the center using appropriate techniques;
- Observe, record and report individual and group behavior as required;
- Maintain records and files as instructed (i.e., attendance, behavior records);
- Establish a positive partnership with parents through newsletters, daily reports, theme lesson plans and parent conferences as required;
- Attend staff orientation, staff meetings, and class programs such as Open House;
- Keep inventory of classroom supplies and notify the office when supplies are needed.
- Three (3) years' experience in group education of children
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree & 45 hour DCF training course in child care or the educational exemption granted by the training coordinating agencies, when applicable;
- Meet Florida Department of Health requirements for teaching in an Early Childhood Learning Center;
- CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to acquire it;
- Knowledgeable of Palm Beach County Health Department rules and regulations governing child care facilities;
- Working knowledge of the growth and development of young children and ability to utilize this information in the classroom. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to work constructively with children and adults;
- Judaic knowledge or willingness to acquire this knowledge through study;
- Ability to relate to young children and adults in an emotionally responsive manner;
- Be sensitive to individual children's differences and needs, and be willing to adjust the program to meet those individual needs;
- Competency in various skill areas such as music, art, science, literacy, mathematics, language development and physical development;
- Be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment and be willing to continually increase knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education;
- Proven experience working well in a team environment and collaborating with colleagues and members of the community.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, healthcare plans and a generous staff discount on JCC programs underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- Pet Discount Program
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Staff Discount on our Programs