Location and Job Title:
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
JCC Association of North America seeks an experienced and motivated professional to join its Financial Resource Development (FRD) Department in the role of Development Manager to support the organization's expanding philanthropic portfolio.
As an integral member of a six-person team and under the direct supervision of its senior leadership, the Development Manager is primarily responsible for donor prospecting and recognition; database management and reporting; proposal and grant writing initiation; and event cultivation and coordination. Equal parts research, stewardship and strategy, this role is ideal for a rising professional looking for a place to grow and build their profile as a fundraiser while making an immediate and meaningful impact at an organization with a high-stakes community-focused mission and ambitious plans for the future.
Successful candidates will be articulate, detail-oriented, creative and critical thinkers with strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, who can work well independently, but also thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead all prospect-management related inquires and requests, cultivating a robust prospect pipeline through identification, research, and data mining methodologies; helping to proactively match donor interests to organizational goals and funding opportunities.
- Initiate first drafts of funding proposals, grant applications, impact reports and appeals across the organization's philanthropic portfolio in coordination with the Financial Resource Development and Programmatic senior leadership teams.
- Oversee the donor database, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of pledge and gift entries; coordinating pledge reminders; generating personalized acknowledgements in a timely manner; and tracking donor engagement and stewardship, grant requirements and reporting.
- Maintain library of grant support documents including most up-to-date financial statements, IRS forms, audit management letters, tax-exempt recognition, and board/staff/major donor lists.
- Monitor news and philanthropic publications, identifying and sharing trends and insights with the Financial Resource Development team to help inform donor engagement and communication efforts.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of donor events and experiences.
- Support additional development projects as needed such as cohort management and representation at cross-department meetings and Association-wide conferences.
- This full-time position is based in our NYC headquarters.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $75,000 to $80,000
JCC Association offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of professional experience in development, nonprofit, management, or a related field.
- Comfort with technology and proficiency of Microsoft Office programs and CRM operating platforms; able to synthesize and analyze data, and learn new database systems, fundraising programs, and tools.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively across a wide range of constituencies within a diverse community of internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organization skills; able to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter, results-driven team player with a positive personal work ethic; able to uphold essential donor integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Preferred familiarity with wealth screenings tools such as iWave, Wealth Engine and Donor Search.
- Passion and commitment to a community-minded mission.
$75,000 to $80,000
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of more than 170 Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps (JCCs) each week, the JCC Movement is the largest platform for Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association, the convening organization of this dynamic network, partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the entire JCC Movement, including 12,000 full-time and 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America. Learn more at JCCA.org or on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.