Location and Job Title:
Group Fitness Instructor
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Reporting to the Director of Aquatics, Fitness & Sport, the Group Fitness Instructor provides professional, engaging and effective group fitness classes that follow the J's policies and guidelines.
- Must hold and maintain a professional certification from a nationally recognized organization.
- Prior experience in group fitness, personal training, wellness, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic fitness principles.
- Must have a fitness/exercise background.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications must stay current.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be physically fit to the level of demonstrating the movements and assisting clients and members.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 40 lbs. (fitness equipment) as required.
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.