Location and Job Title:
Assistant Preschool Teacher
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking to hire a dedicated Preschool Teacher for the Early Childhood Learning Center at the Mandel JCC in Boynton Beach.
Our classrooms each have an assigned Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher that are responsible for working together in their assigned class of children in planning and implementing the curriculum, working with parents, and assessing the needs of individual children under the guidance of the Lead Teacher and Director of Early Childhood Learning. The curriculum followed in each classroom is designed to meet the emotional, physical, cognitive & social needs for both the individual child and the group.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Come to work everyday with a smile and excitement for the children to arrive!
- Welcome each child in a warm and friendly manner;
- Provide and supervise activities which promote the emotional, social, intellectual and physical development of each child;
- Provide and maintain a neat, organized classroom, with a learning center focus ensuring classroom is set up prior to arrival and cleaned up after dismissal daily; take responsibility for upkeep of all educational equipment and materials;
- Attend to children's play, engages in reflection and discussion about children's growth and learning, respond to children's play themes and developmental themes;
- Document children's play and learning, including daily reflections, journey binders, blog, newsletters and other vehicles implemented by the school;
- Read each individual child's files in their class and be knowledgeable about their medical and developmental histories;
- Nurture physical, spiritual, emotional, social, cognitive and literary growth and development of each child;
- Perform additional program duties as assigned by the Lead Teacher and Director according to the school and agency needs.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least one year of experience working with children ages 3 months to 5 years.
- Associate's Degree & 45 hour DCF training course in child care or the educational exemption granted by the training coordinating agencies, when applicable.
- Committed to completing a minimum of ten (10) hour or one (1) CEU in-service training per year starting July 1st and ending June 30th each year.
- Candidates that meet Florida Department of Health requirements for teaching in an Early Childhood Learning Center.
- CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to acquire it.
- Working knowledge of the growth and development of young children and ability to utilize this information in the classroom. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to work constructively with children and adults.
- Judaic knowledge or willingness to acquire this knowledge through study.
- An ability and desire to relate to young children and adults in an emotionally responsive manner.
- A sensitivity to individual children's differences and needs, and the willingness to adjust the program to meet those individual needs.
$45,000 - $55,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Recognizing and investing in our greatest asset, our staff. In addition to providing an engaged work environment, we take pride in the many offerings to our JCC staff as shown below:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Staff Discount on our Programs
- Professional Development
OUR JCC WELCOMES ALL PEOPLE
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual.The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.