Location and Job Title:
Seasonal Fitness Floor Attendant
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the supervision and safe operation of the fitness center
- Greet members and guests and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Perform daily cleaning of equipment and workout spaces, adherence to all Covid19 protocols
Other Job Functions:
- Attend scheduled shifts on time and appropriately attired
- Work as a team with other fitness staff to ensure coverage of the fitness center. MUST be available to sub shifts other than regularly assigned shifts
- Assist guests in obtaining information & conduct equipment orientations
- Willingness to carry out the mission of the Gordon Jewish Community Center
- Be able to respond to calls, texts and/or emails in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently, utilize initiative, be organized and meet deadlines
- Ability to be able to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to operate or learn to operate all fitness equipment and entertainment options on equipment
- Willingness and ability to actively engage members in dialogue and relationship building
Equipment: Strength machines, cardiovascular equipment, cleaning supplies, walkie-talkie radio
Shifts: Tuesday 3:30-7:15pm, Wednesday 3-7:15pm, Thursday 3-7:15pm, Sunday 11:30am-4:45pm and others as needed during the month of June 2023.Possible varied shifts available in July.
Facility hours: Monday-Thursday 5:30am-6:45pm, Friday 5:30am-5:45pm, Sat/Sun 8am-4:45pm.
Attire: GJCC provided staff shirt(s), appropriate footwear (tennis shoes or similar), solid colored workout pants or shorts (no shorter than 2 inches above the knee).Female staff may wear capri pants.
- Lifting (ability to lift up to 50 pounds)
- Hand /Finger Dexterity
- Voice /Speech
- Hearing (may utilize aid)
- Vision (may be corrected)
- CPR/AED/First Aid certified prior to hire (JCC will provide assistance in obtaining this)
- Wellness experience preferred but not required.College coursework in health and sport sciences a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required. 18 or older. College preferred.
The Gordon Jewish Community Center
(Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational,
educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member
families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a
place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with
their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp
experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.