Location and Job Title:
Children's Program Manager
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
Responsible for supporting and enhancing program offerings for children grades kindergarten to eighth by working with the Director of Youth and Family Engagement in the proactive development and implementation of quality experiences.
- Non-Summer Program Planning and Implementation. Responsible for our primary, ongoing offerings of Mini Camp (weeklong day camp), Kids' Night Out (3-hour evening of play), and Day at the J (supervised virtual learning as needed) for children in grades K through 5th. This position will be responsible for preparing activities, supplies, themes, and schedule for these programs as well as hiring/supervision of staff, and aiding in field trip/vendor coordination as well as before care, and after care. Assist with family communication and feedback as needed.
- Summer Camp Upper Camp Program Director. Working In conjunction with the Camp Directors and other staff, create, implement, and oversee programming and camper activities for the 9 week summer program serving children in grades K through 8th. Functions include but not limited to: pre camp program creation and scheduling, assisting with staff hiring, communication and training, management of lunch program, CIT supervision and training, and coordinating/supervising field trips and overnights. Provide building supervision and coverage when needed. Be a resource and role model for campers and staff on camp-related issues and activities. When necessary directly run and supervise activities for groups of campers.
- Family Engagement. In conjunction with the Director of Youth and Family Engagement and the Director of Early Childhood Camp Director provide offerings and resources for the families in our community. Examples include Parent lecture series or ongoing gatherings, reunions, sharing events with partner organizations, or ongoing surveying and data collection.
- Childcare and Member Services. Assist with marketing and creating Birthday party experiences for our member families and their children as needed (weekend hours.) Manage and staff babysitting options for JCC members as needed.
- Social Media Management. Working in conjunction with the marketing team to create and schedule posts for amp Instagram and Facebook accounts This can be quick advertising for KNO, Mini Camp, Staff applications opening, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2 + years significant experience in camp/educational environment setting and in supervision of youth and staff.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload; use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans, follow through on assigned tasks/responsibilities, and communicate with supervisor(s) in an ongoing, transparent manner. Ability to communicate effectively with teachers, co-workers, parents, and children.
- Knowledge in Jewish life and programming is preferred.
- Experience with Google Workspace, Canva, and CampMinder preferred
- CPR/First Aid certifications required upon start.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and screening to work with children.
- Positive, friendly, outgoing, and possess excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, dependable, and articulate, and strong work ethic
- Team player with good character and integrity
- Exhibit professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to accept guidance and supervision
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to ascend/descend stairs to move throughout the work location
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Full time salaried position - $30-$35k annually dependent on experience
- Benefits including health insurance, 401k, life insurance
- Membership to the JCC and use of the facility
- Community oriented, supportive work environment where we want to help you grow!
25,000 - 35,000
Our Community... Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.