Saturday and possible evening position now open. The Membership Desk Associate is responsible for greeting and welcoming members, answering questions, processing transaction and upselling services. The job requires dependability, flexibility, ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
1. Customer service is a priority! Make all members and guests at the JCC feel welcome and comfortable.
2. Greet all individuals coming in to the GJCC and provide the information and/or services requested in a positive manner.
3. Request member identification cards and scan cards to ensure member is in good standing. Follow procedures for members who do not have proper ID.
4. Greet all visitors and members and verify membership status upon check-in.
5. Provide information regarding JCC membership, policies and procedures, program events and classes, current and upcoming activities.
6. Answer incoming calls and route calls using proper phone etiquette.
7. Process financial transactions (i.e. class enrollment, purchase of fitness tickets, donations, etc.)
8. Process membership applications (i.e. paperwork, payment, picture IDs).
9. Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency in regards to contacting security/EMT/Fire Department.
10. Assist membership department with projects as needed.
Education & Experience:
1. High school diploma
2. Minimum of 1 year customer service experience
3. Proficient computer skills (with the ability to learn proprietary system)
4. Familiarity in processing financial transactions and maintaining cash drawer
1. Professional and friendly attitude is essential
2. Commitment to always providing excellent customer service to members, guests, visitors and co-workers
3. Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance
4. Must respect and maintain confidentiality of members and information
5. Must be able to able to work additional shifts on an as-needed basis
The work environment characteristics are representative of a community center. The pace of work is variable with the possibility of multiple requests occurring simultaneously. The physical demands of the position include sitting for long periods of time. Incumbents are required to use computer, telephone and other general office equipment.
The Gordon Jewish Community Center (Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930's, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.