Location and Job Title:
Flag Football & Basketball Coordinator
Michael-Ann Russell JCC
18900 NE 25th Ave
North Miami Beach, FL 33180
SUMMARYESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Coordinator of Flag Football & Basketball is responsible for the management and implementation of youth and adult sports programming, leagues, special events, day camp programs. The primary goal is to offer programming that supports the physical, social and emotional well-being of our participants. Success is achieved through community outreach, quality programming, professional staffing and fiscal responsibility. This position works collaboratively with other program areas.
include the following. Other job-related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Knowledge of both sports and have the ability to teach and coach as needed.
- Plan, organize and supervise both the Flag Football and Basketball programs for participants of all ages.
- Generate, integrate and share new ideas, using creativity and knowledge of competition, current trends and cutting-edge programs.
- Ensure proper staffing of all classes and leagues to include instructors, coaches, referees, score keepers and other positions as needed within the Flag Football and Basketball departments.
- Act as or ensure there is a proper supervisor on duty for practice and league games.
- Maintain parent communications including phone calls, e-mail, and face-to-face discussions in timely and professional manner.
- Serve in a leadership position with Day Camp (location/role to be specified based on need).Build positive relationships with participants to ensure their quality experience and promote program participation.
- Observe participant behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, teach and monitor proper use of equipment, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Maintain all written records including attendance, waivers, registrations, league standings, etc.
- Attend staff orientation and meetings when necessary.
- Adhere to all JCC and departmental policies.
- Work in collaboration with the MARJCCs Marketing Director and the Program Director of Sports & Membership to develop strategies for promoting Flag Football and Basketball.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Development and the Program Director of Sports & Membership to develop fundraising and sponsorship opportunities for Flag Football & Basketball.
- Must manage and adhere to the fiscal budget for both the Flag Football and Basketball departments
- Other duties that may be assigned by the MARJCC.
SUPERVISORY ROLE: The Coordinator of Flag Football and Basketball is responsible for the hiring, training and overall management of all Flag Football and Basketball staff, volunteers and contractors
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Michelle Moyano at email@example.com
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Bachelors degree is preferred either in related field (Recreation Science, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Sports Management), or unrelated field with directly applicable work experience in sports and recreation.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate successful organizational and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem solve efficiently.
- Must hold/maintain current American Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification (JCC can provide training)
- Must have the ability to relate in positive manner with members and fellow staff, while providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Must be physically capable to perform manual labor, work both indoors and outdoors, and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include some evenings and some weekends.
$45,000 - $55,000
The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center/Sanford L. Ziff Campus is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life and fosters the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of its individual members through all of life's stages and circumstances.