Location and Job Title:
Ronald Gardenswartz JCC of Greater Albuquerque
5520 Wyoming Blvd
Albuquerque, NM 87109
The JCC in Albuquerque, NM has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Aquatics Director. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer and is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, management, staffing and evaluation of all aquatic programs. This position has a direct effect in achieving the JCC goals of instilling positive values in youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. If you'd like to work for a dynamic, professional, community and family-oriented organization and you meet the job requirements noted below, we'd like to hear from you.
- Assure all polices and procedures in the Aquatics department adhere to JCC Policies and to Insurance guidelines
- Recruit, train and maintain adequate staff to cover all programs.
- Maintain records of staff certifications and trainings and ensure that all staff have all required certifications and trainings before being allowed to work.
- Organize and schedule pool activities for special events and coordinate set up.
- Maintain operations of pump rooms and pool chemicals by working closely with the maintenance staff to keep pump rooms functional and efficient. Manage appropriate inventory of chemicals, supplies, and safety equipment.
- Manage weekly staff work schedules to ensure coverage for call outs.
- Coordinate and implement hourly/weekly pool schedule.
- Prepare/conduct staff meetings & trainings for lifeguards and swim instructors.
- Input all aquatics program registration into database.
- Work closely with the Finance Director on annual budget.
- Respond to member questions and concerns and resolve any issues applicable.
- Ensure pool and surrounding are kept clean and maintained.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- At least four years' experience in aquatics field. (Experience or a combination of experience and education may substitute for education.)
- Independent, highly-organized self-starter.
- Strong skills in budgeting and staff supervision, and ability to work and train diverse groups.
- Enthusiasm for the role of aquatics in support individual and community development and growth.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to organizational mission.
- Lifeguard Certified.
- Pool Operator Certified or willing to obtain certification.
- Knowledge/experience with pump room operations strongly desired.
knowledge and experience working with youth and youth Aquatic camps and OSHA 10
35,000 - 45,000
The JCC of Greater Albuquerque, founded in 2000, is a non-profit organization, open to all ages and stages of life, regardless of religious affiliation. The JCC mission is to Enrich and inspire the entire community by offering quality, multi-generational fitness, wellness, cultural, recreational, social, and educational programs in a safe, nurturing, and welcoming environment that is respectful to all. The JCC has modern fitness and athletic facilities, outdoor aquatics center, and an early childhood education center on its 10-acre campus. The JCC runs a wide variety of community, educational, recreational and social service programs. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a community and family-oriented organization that offers an accepting, supportive environment with the highest standards of service to our members and to the community in which we live and work.